Huge Blur between Traditional Sports Nutrition and Health & Wellness Products Drive Demand for Sports Nutrition Foods and Drinks
Published: March 2017
- Code: MCP-8008
- Pages: 463
- Tables: 97
- Companies: 170
SPORTS NUTRITION FOODS AND DRINKS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Sports Nutrition Foods and Drinks is projected to exceed US$90 billion by 2022, driven by the convergence of sports nutritional diets and general health and wellness diets. The growing awareness over the importance of protein, carbohydrates and vitamins for everyday health and wellness and not just for athletes is a key factor driving the convergence trend. Apart from non-athlete consumption of sports nutrition foods and drinks, growth in the traditional consumer sector is expected to come from increased participation in sports activities for recreation and fitness purposes. Among high endurance athletes and body builders, demand is especially expected to benefit from the growing awareness over the important role played by nutrition in performance enhancement. Future growth in the market will be driven by increasing demand for nutrition bars, ready-to-drink products and energy bars. The United States represents the largest market worldwide supported by its reputation as a sports loving nation. Latin America and Asia-Pacific represent the fastest growing markets driven by strong economic growth; rising standard of living; improving disposable incomes; shift towards healthy lifestyles and increased consumption of sports food among women, teenagers, college students and older individuals; growing government focus on developing and encouraging sports; and Asia’s rapid emergence as the ultimate destination for sports tourism.
- Exponential Growth of Health Clubs, Fitness Centers & Recreational Facilities and Centers Provides Opportunities for Growth of Sports Nutrition Foods and Drinks
- Manufacturers’ Changing Marketing Strategy Positioning Sports Beverages as Refreshment Drinks Drives Consumption Patterns and Trends
- Changing Consumer Perception of Sports Drinks as a Hybrid of Lifestyle Beverages and Functional Beverages to Positively Benefit Growth in the Market
- Steady Launch of Products with Natural Ingredients that Offer Long Lasting and Sustainable Energy Spearheads Growth
- Huge Untapped Potential Offered by Children and Young Athletes Sports Nutrition to Open New Avenues for Growth
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Sports and Energy Foods, Sports and Energy Drinks, and Sports Nutrition
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Abbott Nutrition
- Ajinomoto Company
- Clif Bar & Company
- Coca-Cola Co.
- CytoSport, Inc.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.
- Glanbia Plc
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- GNC Holdings, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable