Robust Biopharmaceutical Pipeline & Continuous Technology Advancements to Drive Growth in the Global Biopharmaceutical Bioseparation Systems Market
Published: February 2018
- Code: MCP-7973
- Pages: 294
- Tables: 82
- Companies: 57
BIOPHARMACEUTICAL BIOSEPARATION SYSTEMS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Biopharmaceutical Bioseparation Systems is projected to reach US$11.4 billion by 2024, driven by the growing demand for biopharmaceuticals comprising biosimilars and biologics; increased drug development activity; continuous technology advancements; growing focus on enhancing efficiencies in biopharmaceutical downstream processing; government initiatives aimed at increasing awareness; and growing use of single-use/disposable instruments. Patent expiries of biological drugs and the resulting rise of biosimilars is driving the need for the expansion and establishment of new biomanufacturing facilities. Few of the factors driving demand for biologics include the need for more effective medical therapies; reduced side-effects and higher safety profile; aging population and a parallel rise in chronic disease burden; among others. The emergence of new biological drugs such as vaccines and monoclonal antibodies; increased investment in process optimization and cost reduction technologies; and increased use of membrane filtration and centrifuges to separate biological particles from suspensions in biopharmaceutical manufacturing represent other major factors driving growth in the market. The United States represents the largest market worldwide supported by easing regulations on biosimilars and biobetters. Asia-Pacific and Latin America are poised to drive future growth led by growing population, increasing demand for better healthcare, robust biopharmaceuticals market in countries such as China and India, and higher R&D spending on the development of bioprocessing instruments against the backdrop of increased contract manufacturing and outsourced drug development activities to low cost Southeast Asian countries.
OUTLOOK IN KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Chromatography ranks as the single largest market supported by technology improvements in instrumentation, techniques and methods.
- Other biopharmaceutical bioseparation systems including Centrifuges, and Filters/ Membranes are projected to witness the fastest growth through 2024.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- Biopharmaceutical Bioseparation Systems refer to technologies used in purification of biological products, employing scientific and engineering principles, on a large-scale, with an aim to obtain cells, cell parts and molecules in purified fractions. The term bioseparation refers to a task that involves separation of a biomolecule from a complex mixture of various biomolecules.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
MARKET SEGMENTATION & CLASSIFICATION
- Product Segments:
- Chromatography Systems, and Other Bioseparation Systems
- 3M Company
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Alfa Wassermann Separation Technologies, LLC
- Flottweg Separation Technology
- GEA Westfalia Separator Group GmbH
- GE Healthcare Life Sciences
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable