Continuous Innovation in Seat Design and Engineering to Drive Growth in the Global Automotive Seats Market
Published: February 2018
- Code: MCP-7880
- Pages: 184
- Tables: 76
- Companies: 35
AUTOMOTIVE SEATS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Automotive Seats is forecast to reach US$98.7 billion by 2024, driven by the continuous engineering focus shed on innovative seating designs and concepts such as occupant sensing, seat heating/cooling, massage features, passenger health and wellness, and advanced seat adjustability, among others. With automotive seats accounting for over 5% to 6% of a vehicle’s total costs, auto majors are increasingly focusing on next generation intelligent seating solutions and designs to enhance customers’ perceived quality of seating systems and the offered levels of personal comfort. Also, given that seats account for over 7% to 8% of total vehicle weight, there is increasing focus shed on reducing weight. Developments in new materials bring the promise of significant weight reduction i.e. a driver’s seat typically weighing 27kgs can be reduced by 17% to 22.9 Kgs and the weight of all seats in a vehicle can be reduced by 26% from 93Kgs to 69Kgs with the use of innovative seat structures made from magnesium alloys as against conventional steel. As autonomous cars inch closer to promised commercialization, there is considerable focus shed on seating system and design since the seating systems will play a major role in ensuring safe interaction with the car. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 6.4% over the analysis period led by growing demand for small cars coupled with robust penetration of sophisticated seating solutions in mass market vehicles; growing base of affluent middle class population and a parallel increase in value attached to electronic features in a car including electronically operated seats; legislation of stringent safety regulations and the ensuing popularity of antisubmarine seats in most vehicle models; and expanding vehicle fleet and availability of technologically savvy seats at affordable prices in the aftermarket.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- A part of vehicle interior systems, automotive seats are defined as a component assembly comprising seat frame, anchorage, seat cushion/padding, seat back, head restraint, seat suspension, seat adjustment controls and trim. Designed for occupants to sit in, typical automobile seats installed in most modern cars are split type seats as against the traditional bench type seats.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
- BRIDE Co., Ltd.
- Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG
- Camaco LLC
- C.I.E.B. Kahovec, spol. s r.o.
- Daewon Kang up Co., Ltd.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable