Growing Prominence of Voice-Based User Interface Technologies in Mobile Devices Drives the Mobile Speech Recognition Software Market
Published: May 2017
- Code: MCP-7709
- Pages: 175
- Tables: 53
- Companies: 26
MOBILE SPEECH RECOGNITION SOFTWARE: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Mobile Speech Recognition Software is forecast to exceed US$370 million by 2024, driven by the rise of sophisticated Conversational User Interface (CUI) as a more natural, smart, and productive way to communicate with mobile devices coupled with technology developments that make speech recognition more accurate, intelligent and fluid. The growing use of mobile handsets, both by consumers as well as enterprise users represent the primary factor for the strong evolution of the market in recent years. Voice-based user interface technologies such as speech recognition is expected to become an all-time application tool for smartphone, tablets, and smartwatch users in terms of hands-free calling, virtual digital assistants (VDAs), and always-on interfaces, among others. The United States represents the largest market worldwide supported by a large base of avid smartphone users with a penchant for advanced enabling technologies. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 17% over the analysis period, led by factors such as untapped potential for smartphone penetration among the growing base of affluent middle class population; increased media multitasking behavior; widespread multifunctional use of mobile phones and the resulting acute need for intuitive interaction with mobile interfaces. The already active use of voice-to-text capabilities for carrying out search queries and navigation also lays the foundation for the evolution of mobile speech recognition software.
- Growing Prominence of Voice-Based User Interface Technologies in Mobile Devices Drive Strong Market Growth
- Advancements in Processing Power of New-Age Smartphones, Latest Software Algorithms, and Highly Capable Microphones to Improve Speech Recognition Efficiency
- Mobile SMS: An Underutilized Feature with Huge Untapped Potential for Mobile Speech Recognition Technology
- Speech Recognition Coupled with Hearable Technology to Transform User Experience
- Emerging IoT to Widen Demand for Mobile Speech Recognition Technology
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Advanced Voice Recognition Systems, Inc.
- Amazon, Inc.
- Apple, Inc.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Baidu, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- International Business Machines Corporation
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable