Shifting of Voice Traffic Away from PSTN to Mobile & Internet Networks Drives Adoption of Business VoIP Services
Published: May 2017
- Code: MCP-7702
- Pages: 275
- Tables: 49
- Companies: 108
BUSINESS VOIP SERVICES: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Business VoIP Services is forecast to reach US$32.9 billion by 2024, driven by the growing dominance of IP based enterprise networking and the resulting migration of voice minutes from the traditional public switched telephone networks (PSTN) to mobile and Internet networks. Other major market forces poised to drive growth in the market include pervasive business WLANs and strong sales of Wi-Fi phone units; increased focus on implementing QoS in enterprise networks (LAN, WAN & WLAN); development of WebRTC; and growing demand for cloud telephony services. Europe represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 5.7% over the analysis period led by factors such as developing telecom infrastructure; robust investments in 4G networks; falling mobile data tariffs and increasing Internet speeds; mushrooming SMBs and growing enterprise sector. In the enterprise sector, a key driver of growth is the growing investments in converged IT environments and the resulting increase in long-term enterprise UC implementation programs. In addition, the growing business value of mobility and BYOD and the ensuing strong interest in VoIP enterprise mobility systems and widespread use of affordable audio conferencing solutions will also drive opportunities for growth in the region.
- Rapid Penetration of Internet & Growth in Average Internet Speeds Provides the Foundation for Growth by Making VoIP Services Commercially Viable and Rewarding From a User Experience Perspective
- Strong Investments in WLAN and Increased Utilization of Gigabit Wi-Fi Access Points Encourage Deployment of VoWLAN and High Quality VoIP
- Robust Sales of Wi-Fi Enabled Devices to Expand the Addressable Market Opportunity for VoWLAN by Expanding the Choice of Enterprise Mobility Endpoints for VoIP Communications
- Sustained Relevance and Indispensability of Audio Conferencing in the Face of Web & Video Alternatives to Benefit VoIP Conferencing
- Growing Maturity of Cloud and Parallel Increase in Benefits Accrued Drive Adoption of Cloud Based VoIP Services
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Managed IP PBX Services, Hosted VoIP, and IP Connectivity Services
Market Segmentation & Classification
- 8x8, Inc.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Avaya, Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- InPhonex LLC
- Microsoft Corporation
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable