Digitalization of the US$1.9 Trillion Media &Entertainment Industry Expands the Playing Field for Cloud Based Entertainment Technologies & Solutions
Published: June 2017
- Code: MCP-7658
- Pages: 119
- Tables: 29
- Companies: 28
CLOUD GAMING: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Cloud Gaming is forecast to reach US$4.0 billion by 2024, driven by the rapid digitalization of the media and entertainment industry as evidenced by the growing volume of digital entertainment content; development of digital only supply chains; and changing consumer media consumption habits. Few of the other major factors driving growth in the market include continuously growing demand for Gaming as a Service (GaaS) among PC based gamers; high-speed internet penetration and bandwidth expansion; growing size of hardcore games with heavy graphics and the resulting storage anxiety among gamers; and developments in cloud gaming architecture including cloudlet-based mobile cloud gaming system. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 35.4% over the analysis period led by digitalizing lifestyles of the middle class population and a parallel increase in appetite for digital forms of entertainment; growing cloud readiness of Asian economies; rising smartphone penetration and mobile internet subscriptions largely due to falling device costs and service tariffs. The market in the region will in addition benefit from the growing prominence of connected gaming among the new millennials in the 18 to 34 age group. Also for developing countries, the cloud offers the promise of affordable end-to-end entertainment for consumers and attractive monetization possibilities for market players.
- Digitalization of the US$1.9 Trillion Media &Entertainment Industry Expands the Playing Field for Cloud Based Entertainment Technologies & Solutions
- Market Optimally Poised to Benefit From the Continuously Growing Gaming Community & All-Round Innovations that Make Cloud Gaming Feel Like Local Console Gaming
- With the Cloud Doing the Heavy Lifting of Game Processing, the Dominance of Gamers on the Humble PCs Bodes Well for the Future Growth of Cloud Gaming
- Rising Venture Capital Investments in the On-Demand Economy Bodes Well for the Commercial Rise of Gaming as a Service (GaaS)
- Smartphones, High Speed Internet & Next Gen Bandwidth Technologies Emerge as Powerful Combinations Shaping the Future of Cloud Gaming
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Cirrascale Corporation
- GameFly, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- Hatch Entertainment Ltd.
- International Business Machines Corporation
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable