The Rise of Augmented Reality as the Third Wave of Enterprise Mobility to Drive the Global Market for Smart Augmented Reality (AR) Glasses
Published: October 2017
- Code: MCP-7083
- Pages: 174
- Tables: 21
- Companies: 54
SMART AUGMENTED REALITY (AR) GLASSES: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Smart Augmented Reality (AR) Glasses is forecast to reach 28 million units by 2024, driven by the technology’s embodiment as the ultimate tool for portability, convenience and productivity capable of shaping the future of smart mobility. Signaling the rise of AR technology is the growing number of products and technology solutions that are moving from test-bed projects to real world commercial deployments. While initial hype of AR technology was largely focused around consumer applications, real growth in the coming years is forecast to come from manufacturing, logistics, healthcare retail and the enterprise sector. Future growth in the market will be driven by the expected decline in average selling prices, evolution of app ecosystems, introduction of feature rich AR eyeglass models, and steady expansion of innovative applications in the enterprise, industrial, healthcare and consumer markets. The United States represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 92.3% over the analysis period. The growth in the country is led by factors such as a strong technology spending environment; over 75% penetration of smartphones and the resulting strong opportunities for tethered smart AR glasses; strong spending on BYOD which represents one among the highest in the world; domestic presence of pioneering technology companies like Google and Microsoft; and home to the largest number of companies worldwide piloting test projects of AR in the mobility space.
- Powered by Unrivalled Portability, Convenience, Stylish & Discreet Looks, Socially Accepted and Popular Eyeglasses Remain the Dominant Form Factor for Wearable AR Devices#3As the World Moves to the 3rd Wave of Mobility Called Productive Mobility as Evidenced by the Explosion of Bring Your Own Wearable (BYOW), SARGs Will Witness Robust Growth & Adoption
- As Phone Based Augmented Reality Beings to Take Shape, Android OS Flaunts the Power of Ubiquity
- When Pitted Against Apple Over the Medium-Term Period, Fragmented Android Mobile OS Versions Will Emerge as the Achilles Heel of Android OS in the SARGs Market
- Expanding Commercial Activity in the Enterprise Augmented Reality App Market to Benefit the Growth of SARGs
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2024
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, the UK, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Atheer, Inc.
- Avegant Corp.
- Epson America, Inc.
- Everysight LTD.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable