Mounting Economic and Environment Challenges and the Resulting Need for Smart Water Infrastructure Drives the Smart Water Meters Market
Published: March 2018
- Code: MCP-7059
- Pages: 344
- Tables: 31
- Companies: 70
SMART WATER METERS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Smart Water Meters is projected to exceed US$2.0 billion by 2024, driven by mounting pressure on finite surface and ground water resources and the resulting need for smart water networks that are energy-efficient, engaged, responsive, and resilient. Other important growth drivers include rising popularity of smart water networks that is driving acceptance of smart water meters and stringent government regulations and favorable mandates among others. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Europe represents the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 10.3% over the analysis period. Steadily growing smart water grid deployments, growing adoption of intelligent two-way water meters, robust smart water infrastructure development projects, favorable government support, and replacement of aging infrastructure that is leading to water loss due to leakages and theft and ultimately to non-revenue water (NRW) represent major growth drivers in these developed markets. Absence of legacy infrastructure and the unpenetrated nature of the markets offer huge untapped market growth potential in the developing markets of Asia-Pacific.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- Smart water meters are electronic devices generally used by public water utilities for the purpose of reading and measuring water consumption. The major functions of smart water meters include electronic and automatic capture, collection as well as communication of meter readings pertaining to water consumption in real-time.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2024
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
- Aclara Technologies LLC
- Arad Group
- Arqiva Limited
- Aquiba Pty Ltd.
- B METERS s.r.l.
- Badger Meter, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable