Ubiquity of Whey Proteins in Sports Nutrition, Food Fortification, and Clinical Nutrition Products Drive Demand for Whey Protein Ingredients
Published: March 2017
- Code: MCP-6584
- Pages: 281
- Tables: 59
- Companies: 77
WHEY PROTEIN INGREDIENTS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Whey Protein Ingredients is projected to exceed 2.0 billion pounds (lbs) by 2022, driven by the multiple benefits offered by whey proteins in exercise recovery, weight management, healthy aging, and overall health and wellness. Market growth is also expected to gain from the ubiquitous use of whey protein ingredients in sports nutrition products, food fortification, and clinical nutrition products, given their ability to boost antioxidant glutathione levels, lower blood pressure, improve liver function, and reduce the risk of cancer. Healthy demand for infant formula and packaged baby foods supported by affluent parents’ uncompromising emphasis on child safety, health and wellness is benefiting consumption of whey protein hydrolysate ingredients in baby foods production as it adds significant nutritional value, digestive benefits, and minimizes allergic reaction to milk proteins. Europe represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 4.5% over the analysis period, led by factors such as growing population; growing health literacy levels and the resulting adoption of pro-healthy lifestyles and food habits; higher per capita spending on premium foods such as sports nutrition, clinical nutrition and infant nutrition products among the growing base of affluent middle class population.
- Whey Protein Supplements for the Elderly Grow in Prominence for Their Ability to Mitigate the Risk of “Sarcopenia”
- Widespread Commercialization of the Health Benefits of Protein Powders Drives Consumption of Whey Protein Isolates, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Protein Hydroslate
- Cosmetic Benefits Such as Hair and Skin Conditioning and Acne Reduction Drive Demand for Whey Protein Based Drinks
- As a Soluble and Richest form of Protein with Minimal Disruption to Hormone Levels, Whey Protein Supplements Rise in Importance in Women’s Health
- Growing Applications in Food Fortification and Clinical Nutrition Products Boosts Demineralized Whey Powder Consumption
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S
- Amco Proteins
- Carbery Food Ingredients
- Cargill, Inc.
- Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
- Darigold, Inc.
- Davisco Foods International, Inc.
- DMK Deutsches Milchkontor GmbH
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable