Increasing Adoption of Near Net-Shape Manufacturing Techniques Drives Growth in the Global Metal and Ceramic Injection Molding Market
Published: February 2018
- Code: MCP-6479
- Pages: 254
- Tables: 113
- Companies: 59
METAL AND CERAMIC INJECTION MOLDING: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Metal Injection Molding is projected to reach US$6.4 billion by 2024, driven by the growing focus on reducing process-specific manufacturing defects and the ensuing emphasis on Near-Net Shape manufacturing techniques. Few of the benefits offered by metal and ceramic injection molding include lower raw material usage and reduced wastages of expensive raw materials such as refractory metals, titanium and superalloys; ability to easily process complex shapes; reduction in the number and complexity of manufacturing stages; part uniformity & quality; significant reduction in energy consumption; and material flexibility as the same equipment can be used to process metals and ceramics. Other major factors driving growth in the market include focus on lightweighting in the automotive industry and the ensuing interest in near net shape processing and growing value of MIM & CIM parts; and shift towards less invasive surgery and the increased use of MIM in the production of microsized components for complex medical devices. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide led by factors such as strong economic growth, increasing disposable incomes and a parallel rise in consumption of manufactured goods, expanding manufacturing industry and increased investments in production infrastructure upgrades, growing focus on quality and competitiveness and the ensuing manufacturer willingness to invest in sophisticated parts manufacturing techniques and emergence of low cost Asian countries as manufacturing hubs for consumer electronics, automobiles, medical, industrial equipment and a host of other manufactured goods.
OUTLOOK IN KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Mechanical Industry ranks as the largest end-use market supported by growing demand for industrial machinery and mechanical systems, worldwide.
- Information Technology Industry is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by demand for IT solutions in residential, commercial and industrial environments, and sustained consumption of high-quality, low-footprint IT parts and components.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- Metal Injection Molding (MIM) and Ceramic Injection Molding (CIM) Processes are defined as sophisticated net-shape processing technologies used in the manufacture of high volume, complex components.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific) and Rest of World
MARKET SEGMENTATION & CLASSIFICATION
- End-Use Sectors:
- Automotive, Consumer Products, Medical / Healthcare, Mechanical Parts, and Information Technology
- Advanced Materials Technologies Pte. Ltd.
- Akron Porcelain & Plastics Co.
- ARC Group Worldwide, Inc.
- CMG Technologies
- CN Innovations Holdings Ltd.
- Form Technologies Company
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable