Imperative Need to Support Critical Nutritional Needs of Malnourished Patients, the Elderly and Infants to Spur Growth in the Global Clinical Nutrition Products Market
Published: February 2017
- Code: MCP-6353
- Pages: 387
- Tables: 165
- Companies: 65
CLINICAL NUTRITION PRODUCTS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Clinical Nutrition Products is projected to reach US$52.7 billion by 2022, driven by the growing importance of assessment and management of nutrition in older people and the need to provide nutritional support to a growing base of patients suffering from chronic and lifestyle-related diseases. As a result of physiological, pathological, and psychological changes induced by aging, older adults are susceptible to malnutrition. With malnutrition associated with a range of conditions such as deterioration in cognitive capabilities, muscle dysfunction, osteoporosis, immune system dysfunction, poor wound healing, anemia, slower recovery from surgery and extended hospital stays and readmission rates, there is growing emphasis laid on evaluation of nutritional status of the aging population. The market is also poised to benefit from the increase in the number of preterm births as a result of delayed parenthood and the shift towards home care. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, supported by rising cases of malnutrition among the elderly and those suffering from chronic illnesses; availability of a broad variety of clinical nutrition solutions; high level of awareness over the importance of routine diagnosis of malnutrition; availability of reimbursement and insurance coverage. Asia-Pacific is forecast to grow at the fastest CAGR of 9.2% over the analysis period.
- Changing Dietary Patterns, Overconsumption of Empty Calories and the Ensuing High Risk of Modern Malnutrition Among the Affluent Population Drives Demand for Clinical Nutritional Therapies
- High Incidence of Traditional Undernutrition Among Women and Children in Developing Countries to Spur Market Opportunities
- Rising Incidence of Cancer, HIV, Diabetes and Gastrointestinal Disorders Drive Demand for Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition
- Surging Demand for Omega-3 Fatty Acids-Fortified Clinical Nutrition Products and Soy-based Infant Formula to Drive the Marketís Revenue Potential
- Rising Preference for Multi-Chamber Bags to Lower Cost of Parenteral Nutrition Therapy
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Enteral Nutrition, Infant Nutrition, and Parenteral Nutrition
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Abbott Nutrition
- Baxter International, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Claris Lifesciences Ltd.
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Groupe Danone
- Huarui Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- ICU Medical, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable