Acceptance of Jeans as Business Casual Attire to Amplify Demand Growth in the Global Denim Jeans Market
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-6234
- Pages: 317
- Tables: 129
- Companies: 118
DENIM JEANS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Denim Jeans is forecast to reach US$79.2 billion by 2022, driven by the expanding urban population; increase in white-collar employees, changing perceptions about "executive wear” and the resulting acceptance of jeans as business casual attire for men and growing base of women in the workforce. Other factors driving growth in the market is the opening up of markets which traditionally the jeans culture; increasing popularity of yoga pants and athleisure; continues innovation is deign such as digitally printed jeans, vegan fabrics and sophisticated weaves, and technology innovation in stretch and performance, and fiber blends. The United States represents the single largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 7.1% over the analysis period, led by China, which features among the world’s largest cotton growers and a leading denim weaver and jeans manufacturer. Other factors driving growth in the region is growing urban population, rising standards of living, increasing disposable incomes, preference for high-end and premium designer labels among the expanding base of affluent middle class population, globalization, changing cultural norms and breakdown of cultural imperialism all which lay the foundation for the acceptance of jeans. Fast-fashion brands like Zara and H&M are aggressively expanding into the Asia-Pacific region, which is strengthening the demand for standard jeans.
- Growing Westernization & Urbanization and Rising Fashion Consciousness Propel Demand for Denim Jeans
- Proliferation of Denim Jeans in the Corporate World as an Accepted Executive Wear Spurs Market Growth
- Blue Jeans in the Boardroom Gains Prominence with Jeans Becoming the New Symbol of Power Dressing
- Acid Washes on Denim Jeans Continue to Gain Popularity
- Distressed Jeans and Jeggings - Now in Vogue
- Strong Demand for Natural and Organic Denims among Eco-conscious Consumers
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- 7 For All Mankind
- Aarvee Denims & Exports Ltd.
- Arvind Limited
- Black Peony (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Diesel S.p.A
- Edwin Co. Ltd.
- Gap Inc.
- Lee Jeans
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable