Acceptance of Jeans as Business Casual Attire to Amplify Demand Growth in the Global Denim Jeans Market
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-6234
- Pages: 317
- Tables: 129
- Companies: 118
DENIM JEANS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Denim Jeans is forecast to reach US$79.2 billion by 2022, driven by the expanding urban population; increase in the number of white-collar employees, changing perceptions about "executive wear” and the resulting acceptance of jeans as business casual attire for men. The growing base of women in the workforce also represents a key market force together with other factors such as innovation is material design and style such as digitally printed jeans, vegan fabrics, sophisticated weaves, superior stretch performance and novel fiber blends. The opening up of markets which traditionally resisted the jeans culture will bring in new opportunities for growth. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market, led by China which ranks as the world’s largest cotton grower and a leading denim weaver. Other factors driving growth in the region include rising standards of living, increasing disposable incomes, preference for high-end and premium designer labels among the expanding base of affluent middle class population, globalization of fashion trends, changing cultural norms and breakdown of cultural imperialism all which lay the foundation for the acceptance of jeans.
- Westernization of Dress and Clothing and Rising Visibility of Fast-Fashion Brands like Zara and H&M to Drive Growth in Asia-Pacific
- Flexible Tastes of New-Age Entrepreneurs Popularizes Jeans in Boardrooms, Amplifying the Power of Denim
- Blue Jeans Gains Prominence as the New Symbol of Power Dressing in the Corporate World Which is Gradually Succumbing to the Convergence of Business and Leisure (Bleisure)
- Rising Environmental Stewardship Among Consumers Drives Demand for Natural and Organic Denims
- Acid Washed and Distressed Jeans Continue to Gain in Popularity Especially Among Younger Consumers
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- 7 For All Mankind
- Aarvee Denims & Exports Ltd.
- Arvind Limited
- Black Peony (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Diesel S.p.A
- Edwin Co. Ltd.
- Gap Inc.
- Lee Jeans
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable