Rising Fashion Consciousness & Independent Decision Making in Apparel Choices and Purchases among Young Children Drive the Global Children’s Wear Market
Published: May 2017
- Code: MCP-5013
- Pages: 389
- Tables: 113
- Companies: 206
CHILDREN'S WEAR: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Children’s Wear is forecast to reach US$321.6 billion by 2024, driven by factors such as growing exposure of children to media and the ensuing rise in materialism, excessive consumption and impulsive purchases; enhanced role in purchase decisions; growing affluence of parents; and widening range and accessibility of luxury and designer clothing brands. The market for children’s wear continues to record steady growth led by factors such as improving birth rates, recovering economies, growing consumer disposable income in developing countries, growing affluence of parents, fashion upscale and wider penetration and access to premium designer clothing. Steady increase in women having children later in life, particularly in developed nations such as the US and European countries is also contributing for the growth of children’s wear market due to the improving financially stability of parents to splurge on branded merchandise. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 7.2% over the analysis period, led by factors such as favorable demographics, development of organized retail infrastructure, rising awareness over international brands, wide variety of choices in terms of designs and styles, preference for premium apparels among the growing base of affluent middle class population, increase in the popularity of green designer labels, and increase in the number of fashion shows promoting kids couture.
- Emphasis on Product Innovation and Novelty by Branded and Private Label Manufacturers to Benefit Market Growth
- Non Gender Specific and Durable Organic Clothes Made from Environment Friendly Materials to Drive Growth
- Increasing Number of Children Getting Acquainted with Social Media and Awareness of the Latest Trends to Drive Demand for Children’s Wear
- Rising Prominence of Clothing for the Overweight and Obese Children Offers Immense Market Potential
- Increasing Number of Luxury Brands Foraying into Children’s Wear Segment Unlocks New Growth Opportunities
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Benetton Group S.p.A
- Carter’s, Inc.
- Esprit Holdings Limited
- Fruit of the Loom, Inc.
- Gap, Inc.
- Global Brands Group Holding Limited
- Gymboree Corp.
- Hanesbrands, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable