Rising Fashion Consciousness & Independent Decision Making in Apparel Choices and Purchases among Young Children Drive the Global Children’s Wear Market
Published: May 2017
- Code: MCP-5013
- Pages: 389
- Tables: 113
- Companies: 206
CHILDREN'S WEAR: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Children’s Wear is forecast to reach US$321.6 billion by 2024, driven by factors such as growing exposure of children to media and the ensuing rise in materialism, excessive consumption and impulsive purchases; enhanced role of children in purchase decisions; growing affluence of parents; and widening range of choices of luxury and designer clothing brands. The market is witnessing a rich mixture of opportunities and challenges posed by the negative correlation between female literacy levels and fertility rate. While decline in unintended childbearing, delayed marriages and falling fertility rate in terms of lesser children per woman are influencing baseline growth potential of the market, the increased resources available per child is helping increase per capita spending. As a result, there is a distinct trend towards premiumization with consumers exhibiting robust appetite for premium designer clothing brands. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market led by factors such as expanding base of affluent middle class parents; development of organized retail infrastructure; rising awareness over international brands; popularity of green designer labels; and increase in the number of fashion shows promoting kids couture.
- Effervescent Design and Style Innovation by Branded and Private Label Manufacturers to Benefit Market Growth
- Non Gender Specific, Durable Organic Clothes Made from Environment Friendly Materials Witnesses Strong Demand
- Spread of Advergaming, Viral Marketing and Social Media Advertising Targeted at Children and the Ensuing Rise in Awareness Drives Sales Growth
- Rising Prominence of Clothing for Overweight and Obese Children Offers Immense Market Potential
- Increasing Number of Luxury Brands Foraying into the Market Unlocks New Opportunities for Revenue Growth
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Benetton Group S.p.A
- Carter’s, Inc.
- Esprit Holdings Limited
- Fruit of the Loom, Inc.
- Gap, Inc.
- Global Brands Group Holding Limited
- Gymboree Corp.
- Hanesbrands, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable