Blockchainís Promise of Solving Longstanding Security Issues in Computing Encourages Investors to Pour Money Into Blockchain Start-Ups, Boosting Bullish Market Sentiments
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-5001
- Pages: 274
- Tables: 27
- Companies: 124
BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Blockchain Technology is projected to reach US$2.6 billion by 2022, driven by the growing confidence in blockchain's disruptive ability to decentralize the Internet and IoT Networks; revolutionize supply chain management; generate immense value in payments, settlement & clearing in securities processing; creating next-gen public-key infrastructure; potential in executing smart automated contracts and myriad other as-yet-unthought-of innovative possibilities. Defined as a distributed consensus algorithm, blockchain is attracting massive venture capital funding, highlighting the craze surrounding the technology. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, due primarily to the early adoption of the technology in the country as compared to other geographic markets; and presence of a vast number of start-ups with innovative blockchain-based applications in incubation. Asia-Pacific is poised to grow at the fastest CAGR of 45.7% over the analysis period, driven by the emergence of Internet based economies in the region such as China, India, Singapore and Australia and the ensuing strong interest in blockchain technology for securing Internet engagement and growing efforts of enterprises of all sizes to digitize operations and unlock the potential of blockchain to enable friction-free, peer-to-peer transactions.
- Efforts to Leverage the Decentralized Bitcoin Security Architecture to Create and Develop a Truly Democratic, Open and Decentralized Internet Economy: The Cornerstone for Growth in the Market
- Built for Disruption, Blockchain Rides High on Benefits such as Decentralized, Distributed, Tamper Proof, Proof of Existence, and Permissionless
- Development of Global Standards and Governance Guidelines to Spur Blockchain into a Mainstream Alternative Technology for Funds Transfer
- Immutable, Open Ledger Characteristics to Make Blockchain Valuable in Supply Chain Management
- Government Interest in Blockchain for Protecting Critical Infrastructure Against the Backdrop of Strong Proliferation of e-Governance to Benefit Market Growth
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Hybrid Blockchain, Private Blockchain, and Public Blockchain
- Application, Transportation, Telecom & Media, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Others
Market Segmentation & Classification
- AlphaPoint Corporation
- Blockchain Global
- Blockchain Tech Ltd.
- BlockCypher, Inc.
- Chain, Inc.
- Coinfirm Ltd.
- Consensus Systems
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable