Increase in Demand for Lab Services Including Clinical & Research and the Ensuing Spurt in Lab Spending Benefits Sales of Laboratory Balances and Scales
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-3503
- Pages: 182
- Tables: 80
- Companies: 30
LABORATORY BALANCES AND SCALES: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Laboratory Balances and Scales is projected to reach US$1 billion by 2022, driven by the increased demand for laboratory services in healthcare, academics, life sciences, pharmaceutical, food, and chemical industries. The market is also driven by the stringent guidelines, regulations and recommendations for laboratory analysis. Growing safety standards in food and pharmaceutical sectors will continue to shift the emphasis towards analytical quality, thereby driving demand for laboratory balances and scales. The rapid growth of pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors and the resulting increase in laboratories performing quality control of medicines will present significant opportunities for growth. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 5.9% over the analysis period led by factors such as emergence of Asian countries as hubs for laboratory outsourcing services such as sample testing and analytical projects; emphasis on lab infrastructure development; and growing government policy level commitment towards enhancing clinical, biological and scientific research capabilities.
- Stringent Contractual Laboratory Testing Agreements and Arrangements Help Increase the Significance of Lab Balances and Scales
- Sustained Increase in the Number of Clinical Research Organizations in Asia to Fuel Demand for Laboratory Balances & Scales
- Growing Need to Replace Old and Obsolete Lab Balances with Advanced Technology-Based Instruments Presents New Opportunities for Growth
- Launch of Lab Balances and Scales with Touchscreen Digital Displays and Ergonomic Designs to Fuel Adoption Rates in Laboratories
- Increased Funding Support for Academia R&D Activities to Foster Demand Growth in the Market
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- End-Use Sectors:
- Food Laboratories, Chemical Laboratories, Academia Laboratories, Pharma & Biotech Laboratories, and Other Research Laboratories
Market Segmentation & Classification
- A&D Company Ltd.
- Adam Equipment Co. Ltd.
- Avery Weigh-Tronix, LLC
- Bonso Electronics International, Inc.
- CAS - USA Corp.
- Contech Instruments Ltd.
- Gram Precision S.L
- Kern & Sohn GmbH
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable