Growing Significance of SpO2 Measurement in Multiple Settings Drives the Global Pulse Oximeters Market
Published: June 2017
- Code: MCP-3347
- Pages: 342
- Tables: 149
- Companies: 68
PULSE OXIMETERS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Pulse Oximeters is projected to reach US$2.4 billion by 2024, driven by the increasing incidence of respiratory diseases, rising adoption in home care market and technological advances. The growth in the market is also expected to emerge from innovative launch of new devices featuring technologies for wireless integration with smartphones and wireless data transmission for remote patient monitoring and telemedicine. Rise of pulse oximetry as a monitoring standard during anesthesia as a result of growing perioperative and anesthesia-related mortality; and increased adoption in outpatient clinics represent other major factors influencing market growth. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, supported by strong product replacement demand. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.6% through the analysis period, led by factors such as developing healthcare infrastructure; growing awareness among the medical community over the importance of SpO2 measurements; rising environmental pollution aggravated by lack of stringent regulations, resulting rise in the number of COPD patients and adoption of pulse oximeters as a standard for monitoring oxygen saturation; and growing adoption of pulse oximeters in alternate care settings including home care.
- Falling Costs and Development of Inexpensive Pulse Oximeter Analyzers to Drive Product Penetration in Price Sensitive Hospitals in the Developing World
- Need for Long-Term Monitoring of Blood Oxygen Saturation Among High Risk Cardiovascular Disease Patients Drives R&D Interest in Implantable Pulse Oximetry
- Growing Prominence of Pulse Oximeters in Home-Care Settings Spurs Demand for Convenient Finger-Tip and Wrist-Worn Oximeters
- Launch of Pulse Oximeters Integrated with Disposable Sensors to Minimize Cross Infections Benefits Market Growth
- Rising Smartphone Penetration Provides Growth Opportunity for Mobile-Based Pulse Oximeters
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Handheld Pulse Oximeters, Finger Pulse Oximeters, and Others
- Point-of-Care markets:
- Hospital Care and Alternate Care
Market Segmentation & Classification
- CAS Medical Systems, Inc.
- Masimo Corporation
- Medtronic plc
- Nihon-Kohden Corp.
- Nonin Medical, Inc.
- Opto Circuits (India) Ltd.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable