Increasing Volume of Neurological Diagnostic Procedures Drives the EEG, EMG and Evoked Potential Devices Market
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-3327
- Pages: 306
- Tables: 175
- Companies: 37
EEG, EMG AND EVOKED POTENTIAL DEVICES: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for EEG, EMG and Evoked Potential Devices is projected to reach US$1.4 billion by 2022, driven by the rapidly aging population susceptible to degenerative neurological disorders such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, muscle rheumatism and muscular dystrophies. The market also stands to benefit from the growing demand for compact and portable devices that add value to the quality of care and safety of the patient at point-of-care settings; establishment of new neuro care centers; technological advancements in biosensors; and growing acceptance of these diagnostic devices by the medical community as vital for assessing and treating neurological diseases. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.6% through the analysis period, led by factors such as policy led government support for healthcare infrastructure development, growing awareness over neurological diseases and disorders that can be treated and corrected through timely diagnosis and treatment; growing population and a parallel increase in healthcare burden; growing affluence and the resulting increase in healthcare spending.
- Rising Awareness over Neurological Diseases & the Importance of Early Diagnosis Drives the Volume of EEG & EMG Procedures
- Expanding Applications such as Fatigue and Stress Monitoring to Spur Demand for EEG and EMG Devices
- Rising Prevalence of Epilepsy Drives Demand for Electroencephalograph Equipment as the Most Accurate Tool to Measure Electrical Activity of the brain
- Proliferation of Point-of-Care Healthcare Practices Brings Portable & Ambulatory EEG Devices into the Spotlight
- Superior Accuracy Over Competing Magnetic Imaging Technologies Fuels Demand for Electromyography/Evoked Potential Devices
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Electroencephalograph Equipment, and Electromyographs/Evoked Potential Units
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Cadwell Laboratories, Inc.
- Compumedics Limited
- EB Neuro S.P.A
- Electrical Geodesics, Inc.
- Lifelines Neurodiagnostic Systems, Inc.
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- NeuroWave Systems, Inc.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable