Alarming Rise in Global Prevalence of Hypertension and the Need for Timely Monitoring Drive Demand for Blood Pressure Monitoring Instruments
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-3312
- Pages: 334
- Tables: 96
- Companies: 90
BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORING AND MEASUREMENT INSTRUMENTS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Blood Pressure Monitoring and Measurement Instruments is forecast to reach US$3.0 billion by 2022, driven by the increasing prevalence of high blood pressure and the need to reduce the growing burden of risks associated with untreated hypertension such as cardiomyopathy, stroke, atherosclerosis, and aortic dissection, among others. Other major factors driving growth in the market include growing patient awareness, improving ease-of-use and accuracy of devices, encouraging reimbursement policies and development of non-invasive techniques to simplify regular BP monitoring and launch of innovative wearable technologies. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.3% over the analysis period, led by the huge tapped potential present in poorly penetrated markets with inadequate monitoring practices in the management of clinically established hypertension and high burden of undiagnosed hypertension; rise in risk factors such as globalization of unhealthy lifestyles, urbanization induced behavioral and dietary changes with serious implications for health and well-being; and increase in patient involvement in treatment plans and the resulting rise of self-monitoring as a standard practice.
- Arterial Stiffness Associated With Age Brings the Rapidly Aging World Population as a Key Demographic Growth Driver in the Market
- Developments in Intelligent Biosensors and Numerical Algorithms for Measurement to Benefit Growth in the Market
- The Growing Trend Towards Point-of-Care Health Services Drives Demand for Ambulatory BP Monitoring Systems
- Rising Prominence of mHealth & Development of Smartphone Based Apps for Blood Pressure Monitoring to Open New Growth Avenues
- Advancements in Wireless Technologies and Telemedicine Bring Remote Blood Pressure Monitoring into the Spotlight
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Sphygmomanometers (Aneroid Sphygmomanometers, & Digital Sphygmomanometers), Ambulatory and Automated BP Monitors, and Blood Pressure Transducers.
Market Segmentation & Classification
- A&D Medical
- American Diagnostic Corp.
- Beurer GmbH
- Bokang Instruments Co., Ltd.
- Briggs Healthcare
- Draegerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- GE Healthcare Ltd.
- GF Health Products, Inc
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable