Rising Prevalence of Osteoporosis, Arthritis & Other Orthopedic Disorders to Drive Demand for Orthopedic Prosthetic Implants
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-3224
- Pages: 323
- Tables: 131
- Companies: 50
ORTHOPEDIC PROSTHETIC IMPLANTS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Orthopedic Prosthetic Implants is forecast to exceed US$20 billion by 2022, driven by the high prevalence of joint and bone disorders among the growing base of aging population worldwide. Future growth in the market will be driven by the rising volume of orthopedic procedures, particularly joint reconstruction surgeries and the worrisome trend towards globesity and the parallel increase in risk for developing orthopedic complications. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, distantly followed by Europe. The dominance of these markets is supported by well-developed healthcare infrastructure, large baby boomer population, and growing appetite for innovative surgical solutions encouraged by technology developments and increase in success rate of surgical interventions. Around 70% of people in the 55-78 years age group in the United States are afflicted with osteoarthritis, a figure that is poised to increase further through 2022. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 5.8% over the analysis period driven by huge untapped potential and unmet medical needs in the field of orthopedics; and growing prominence of medical tourism especially for affordable procedures such as knee replacement, shoulder replacement, hip resurfacing, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, arthroscopy, meniscal repair, and spinal surgeries.
- Traumatic Injuries to the Musculoskeletal System: A Leading Cause for Orthopedic Surgeries and a Demand Driver for New Prosthesis for Reconstruction of Bones and Ligaments
- Growing Awareness Over Available Treatment Options and Clinical Benefits of Orthopedic Implants to Benefit Market Growth
- Technological Advancements in Implant Design, Surface Bearing Materials and Surgical Interventions to Spearhead Market Growth
- Low Penetration Rate of Orthopedic Prosthetics in Developing Nations Offers Market Opportunities
- Growing Adoption of Trabecular Metal Technology and the Trend Towards Higher Priced Implants to Benefit Market Prospects
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Hip Prosthesis, Knee Prosthesis, and Secondary Joint Prosthesis (Shoulder Prosthesis, & Other Secondary Joint Prosthesis).
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Amplitude Surgical
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baumer S.A
- ConforMIS, Inc.
- Corin Group PLC
- DePuy Synthes Companies
- DJO Global, Inc.
- Exactech, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable