Rising Prevalence of Osteoporosis, Arthritis & Other Orthopedic Disorders to Drive Demand for Orthopedic Prosthetic Implants
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-3224
- Pages: 323
- Tables: 131
- Companies: 50
ORTHOPEDIC PROSTHETIC IMPLANTS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Orthopedic Prosthetic Implants is forecast to exceed US$20 billion by 2022, driven by the high prevalence of joint and bone disorders among the growing base of aging population worldwide. Future growth in the market will be driven by the growing volume of orthopedic procedures, specifically joint reconstruction surgeries, owing to the aging population and growing number of obese individuals. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, followed distantly by Europe. Higher healthcare expenditure, superior healthcare infrastructure, large baby boomer population, high volume of orthopedic surgical procedures, and growing appetite for innovative solutions represent key growth drivers in developed markets. Around 70% of people within the 55-78 years age group in the United States are afflicted with osteoarthritis, a figure that is poised to increase further through 2022. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 5.8% over the analysis period driven by huge untapped and unmet medical need in the field of orthopedics; and growing prominence of medical tourism especially for affordable procedures such as knee replacement, shoulder replacement, hip resurfacing, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, arthroscopy, meniscal repair, and spinal surgeries.
- Increasing Number of Accidents & Sports-related Injuries Drives Market Growth
- Surging Risk of Traumatic Injuries Due to Intense Workouts Spurs Demand for Orthopedic Prosthetic Implants
- Growing Awareness about Treatment Options & Clinical Benefits of Orthopedic Implants Benefits Growth
- Technological Advancements in Implant Design, Surface Bearing Materials & Surgical Interventions Spearhead Market Growth
- Low Penetration Rate of Orthopedic Prosthetic in Developing Nations Offers Market Opportunities
- Growing Adoption of Trabecular Metal Technology and the Trend Towards Higher Priced Implants to Benefit Market Prospects
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Hip Prosthesis, Knee Prosthesis, and Secondary Joint Prosthesis (Shoulder Prosthesis, & Other Secondary Joint Prosthesis).
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Amplitude Surgical
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baumer S.A
- ConforMIS, Inc.
- Corin Group PLC
- DePuy Synthes Companies
- DJO Global, Inc.
- Exactech, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable