Focus on Cost, Time, Handling and Workload Reduction Drives Demand for Prepackaged Medical Kits and Trays
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-3219
- Pages: 314
- Tables: 127
- Companies: 59
PREPACKAGED MEDICAL KITS AND TRAYS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Prepackaged Medical Kits and Trays is projected to reach US$33 billion by 2022, driven by the growing hospital focus on cost, time, handling and workload reduction and the ensuing trend towards outsourcing of sterilization and packaging of instrument and procedure trays and kits. The growth in the market will also benefit from the increase in minimally invasive surgical procedures especially as a result of the increase in medical procedures conducted at outpatient surgery centers including ambulatory surgical centers. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.9% over the analysis period led by factors such as growing population and a parallel increase in healthcare burden; government focus on healthcare infrastructure development; establishment of new hospitals, clinics and surgery centers; need for advanced instruments and surgical accessories; overwhelming burden on emergency medical service systems in developing Asian countries and the resulting need to reduce emergency response times and increase patient throughput in operation theaters; and rising standards of living, growing disposable income, higher healthcare spending and improved access to affordable healthcare services.
- Rising Surgery Volumes Worldwide Against the Backdrop of Aging Population and Rise in Infectious Diseases Provides the Foundation for Growth
- Rise in the Number of Specialized Procedures in Ophthalmology and Cardiology Drives Demand for Custom Prepackaged Procedure Trays
- Quick Access to Instruments and Reduced Risk of Human Error Fuel Adoption of Prepackaged Medical Kits and Trays
- Disposable, Single-Use Kits Gain Popularity in Orthopedic Implants and Spine Surgeries
- Benefits of Minimized Assembly and Storage Costs and Focus on Infection Control and Prevention to Spur Demand for Sterile Procedure Packs
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East , and Latin America
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- ENT Custom Trays, Ophthalmic Custom Trays, Custom Basin Kits, Custom Ob/Gyn Kits, General Delivery Kits, Hysterectomy Kits, Open Heart Surgery Kits, Angiography/Angioplasty Kits, Orthopedic Kits & Trays, Anesthesia Kits, Blood Gas Kits, Urology Kits, Biopsy Kits, Enema Kits, Laceration Kits, Suture Removal Kits, CVP/TPN Start Kits, I.V. Start Kits, Dressing Kits, Admission Kits, and Other Kits.
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Angiokard Medizintechnik GmbH
- B Braun Melsungen AG
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- Boston Scientific Corp.
- C.R. Bard, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Cypress Medical Products, LLC
- Hogy Medical Co., Ltd.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable