Improving Lens Functionality and Aesthetic Benefits Drive Growth in the Contact Lenses & Solutions Market
Published: January 2018
- Code: MCP-3210
- Pages: 319
- Tables: 127
- Companies: 62
CONTACT LENSES AND SOLUTIONS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Contact Lenses and Solutions is projected to reach US$14.3 billion by 2024, driven by widening wearer base led by aesthetic and cosmetic attributes, continual shift towards daily disposable lenses and introduction of lenses with improved functionality. Launch of high performance lenses that maximize oxygen flow to eyes, and provide comfort, breathability, convenience and unobstructed vision are helping expand the wearer base. Custom contact lenses and made-to-measure contact lenses are growing in popularity, encouraging its use among the younger population. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 6.4% through the analysis period, led by growing preference for daily contact lenses, increase in number of sophisticated eye care providers, aggressive promotional strategies of multinational companies to drive adoption in relatively less penetrated regions, and positive consumer reception.
- Convenience and High Performance Benefits Drive Demand for Daily Disposable Lenses
- Rising Popularity of Silicon Hydrogel Lenses to Benefit Growth in the Market
- Advancements in Materials to Unfurl New Applications for Contact Lenses Beyond Vision Correction
- Risk of Eye Infections & Corneal Ulcers: A Key Challenge Impeding Adoption
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Contact Lenses (Rigid Gas Permeable Lenses, Soft Contact Lenses, & Hybrid Contact Lenses), and Contact Lens Care Solutions
- Product Segments:
- Spherical Lenses, Toric Lenses, and Multifocals.
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Alcon, Inc.
- Bausch & Lomb, Inc.
- CooperVision, Inc.
- Ginko International Co., Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
- St. Shine Optical Co., Ltd.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable