Increased Indispensability of Electronics in Modern Life Coupled With Continuous Technology Advancements & Shorter Product Lifecycles Drive the Global Electronic Components Market
Published: April 2017
- Code: MCP-2904
- Pages: 1069
- Tables: 150
- Companies: 684
ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Electronic Components is projected to reach US$191.8 billion by 2022, driven by the increasing indispensability of electronics in modern life; continuous development of consumer, industrial, automotive and defense electronics; shorter product lifecycles and a parallel increase in opportunities in upstream supply chain. While ubiquity of electronics sustains demand for electronic components, tighter performance tolerances will fuel innovation and effervescent technology developments in component design. Industrial automation and IoT, migration to smart and connected medical electronics, autonomous cars and military robotics will open new lucrative opportunities for growth in the field of automotive electronics, medical device electronics, and defense and aerospace electronic equipment. Asia-Pacific represents the largest as well as the fastest growing market worldwide with a projected CAGR of about 4.8% over the analysis period led by the emergence of the region as a consumption powerhouse for electronics supported by industrialization, digitalization of societies and the ensuing consumerization of electronics; rise of Taiwan, Singapore, China, South Korea as production hubs for semiconductors; time-to-volume production challenges faced by electronic device manufacturers and the ensuing focus on strengthening component supply chains.
- Performance and Energy Requirements Make Semiconductor Devices the Most Technologically Effervescent Segment of the Electronic Components Market
- Electronification of Automobiles as Measured by the Rising Percentage of Electronic Content in a Vehicle to Fuel Opportunities for Electronic Capacitors
- Miniaturisation of Device Footprint Fuels Innovation in Printed-Circuit Board (PCB) Designs
- Rising Adoption of Combined Modules such as Multichip and System-on-a-Chip Spurs Growth in the Market
- Technological Advancements to Spur Growth in the Global Multi-Layered Ceramic Capacitors (MLCCs) Market
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, South Korea, Taiwan and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Resistors (Semi-Fixed Variable, Carbon Variable, Other Variable, Carbon Film Fixed, Metal Film Fixed, Metal Oxide Film Fixed, Wire Wound Fixed, Network, Chip, and Other Fixed), Capacitors (Variable, Aluminum Electrolytic Fixed, Tantalum Electrolytic Fixed, Ceramic Fixed, Film, and Other Fixed), Transformers (RFTS & IFTS, Audio Frequency, Power, High Frequency Power, High Voltage, Flyback, Deflection Yokes, and Other), Resonators, Connectors (PCB, Rectangular I/O, Circular, RF Coaxial, and Other), Relays (Electromechanical, and Solid State), Switches (Toggle, Slide, Rotary, Keyboard, and Other), and Printed Wiring Boards (Single Sided Rigid, Double Sided Rigid, Multilayer Rigid, Flexible, HDI, and Other).
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Abracon LLC
- Acme Electric
- Alps Electric Co., Ltd.
- Alstom Signaling, Inc.
- API Technologies Corp.
- Datronix Holdings Ltd.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable