Technology Innovation, Stringent Energy Efficiency Norms & Optimistic Outlook for Industrial Recovery Drive the Cooling Towers Market
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-2746
- Pages: 244
- Tables: 85
- Companies: 64
COOLING TOWERS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Cooling Towers is projected to reach US$3 billion by 2022, driven by technology innovations aimed at water conservation; stringent energy efficiency norms that necessitate adoption of better heat transfer practices in industrial plants; and recovery in industrial activities in sectors such as power, food processing and semiconductors. In the energy sector, the focus on modernizing, upgrading and expanding energy generation infrastructure in both developed and developing markets alike is projected to bring in new opportunities for cooling tower replacements. Industrial process cooling towers will gain from the recovery in industrial activity and the voluntary focus on energy savings as a broader part of the goal of achieving operational efficiency. Europe and the United States represent the largest markets worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 7.1% over the analysis period led by stable economic performance; well established industrial base in countries such as China, India, Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan; massive urbanisation and industrialisation; rapid development of commercial real estate and the resulting new demand for building HVAC cooling towers; and continuous technology advancements that encourage investments in periodic upgrades.
- Launch of Cooling Towers in Small Compact Form Factors and Innovations in Rooftop Cooling Towers Spur Use in Non-Industrial Sectors
- Rise in Commercial Construction Projects and Increased Focus on Building Energy Management Technologies Benefit Demand for HVAC Cooling Towers
- Resurgence of Interest in Nuclear Power as a Sustainable Low Carbon Energy Source to Benefit Demand for Cooling Towers
- Growth in Electricity Generation and Continued Reliance on Traditional Power Generation to Sustain Demand for Cooling Towers Designed for Coal-Fired Power Plants
- Low Water Consumption Benefit Drives the Popularity of “Once-Through Cooling” Systems in the Nuclear Power Industry
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia & Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- End Use Segments:
- Air Conditioning/HVAC Applications, Heavy Industrial & Utility Applications, Chemical Industry, and Other Applications
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc.
- Baltimore Aircoil Company
- BERG Chilling Systems, Inc.
- Brentwood Industries, Inc.
- Cooling Tower Depot, Inc.
- Cooling Tower Systems, Inc.
- Delta Cooling Towers, Inc.
- ENGIE Refrigeration GmbH
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable