Standardization of Passive Safety Features in Vehicles Across the World Sustains Growth in the Global Automotive Airbags Market
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-2716
- Pages: 186
- Tables: 89
- Companies: 12
AUTOMOTIVE AIRBAGS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Automotive Airbags is projected to exceed 600 million units by 2022, driven by the standardization and mandatory integration of passive safety systems in virtually every car rolling off the assembly line; and development of new air bag technologies that promise to open revenue opportunities in the high-end vehicles segment. Road safety is moving up the global agenda as a result of the recent spike in road accidents which have brought to fore the social and economic burden of such accidents. The scenario is largely favouring the legislation of regulations that mandate installation of airbags in all types of automobiles, especially in developing economies. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 9.8% over the analysis period, led by strong proliferation of frontal driver airbags, increase in global road safety partnerships and transfer of traffic safety knowledge to motorising Asian countries, high motor vehicle accidents as a result of improper road infrastructure, and encouraging macro market trends such as stable automobile production and sales as a result of economic growth, aspirational lifestyles of the middle class and a parallel increase in per capita vehicle ownership rates.
- Projected Rise in Vehicle Demand & Subsequent Rise in Production Bodes Well for the Automotive Airbags Market
- Growing Adoption of In-Vehicle Safety Systems by Automakers as a Key Brand Differentiation Factor Dives Growth in Markets with Less Stringent Safety Regulations
- Growing Consumer Awareness Over Automotive Safety Technologies Drives the Importance of Airbags as a Key Fixture in a Car
- Decline in Costs of Driver Side Airbags Encourage Auto Manufacturers to Integrate the Same in Virtually all Vehicle Models
- Public Concerns over Injuries and Deaths Due to Faulty Airbags Lead to the Development of Smart Airbags with Sensors
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Front-Impact Driver Air Bags, Front-Impact Passenger Air Bags, Side-Impact Air Bags, and Other Automotive Air Bags
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Autoliv, Inc.
- Denso Corporation
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd.
- Key Safety Systems, Inc.
- Takata Corporation
- Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable