Standardization of Passive Safety Features in Vehicles Across the World Sustains Growth in the Global Automotive Airbags Market
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-2716
- Pages: 186
- Tables: 89
- Companies: 12
AUTOMOTIVE AIRBAGS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Automotive Airbags is projected to exceed 600 million units by 2022, driven by the standardization and mandatory integration of passive safety systems in virtually every car being manufactured, and development of new air bag technologies that promise to open revenue opportunities especially in the high-end vehicles segment. The rise in accidents has resulted in several governments worldwide mandating installation of airbags in all types of automobiles. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 9.8% over the analysis period. The growth in the region is led by regulatory mandates for frontal driver airbags, rise in motor vehicle related accidents as a result of improper road infrastructure, together with encouraging macro market trends such as stable automobile production activity, economic growth, increase in disposable incomes and a parallel increase in per capita vehicle ownership rates.
- Projected Rise in Vehicle Demand & Subsequent Rise in Production Bodes Well for Automotive Airbags Market
- Growing Adoption of In-vehicle Safety Systems by Automakers as a Key Brand Differentiation Factor Drives Market Growth
- Growing Consumer Awareness in Safety Equipment Drives Demand for Airbags
- Decline in Costs Encourage Auto Manufacturers to Integrate Airbags in Virtually all Vehicle Models
- Public Concerns over Injuries & Deaths Due to Faulty Airbags Lead to the Development of Smart Airbag Designs with Sensors
- Recall of Vehicles for Replacement of Faulty Airbag Inflators Castings a shadow on the Reliability of Automotive Airbags
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Front-Impact Driver Air Bags, Front-Impact Passenger Air Bags, Side-Impact Air Bags, and Other Automotive Air Bags
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Autoliv, Inc.
- Denso Corporation
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd.
- Key Safety Systems, Inc.
- Takata Corporation
- Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable