Improved Growth in Key End-Use Sectors to Drive the Global Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Market
Published: March 2018
- Code: MCP-2129
- Pages: 315
- Tables: 118
- Companies: 48
POLYVINYL CHLORIDE (PVC): A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is forecast to reach 59 million metric tons by 2024, driven by the resurgence in construction, automotive, and packaging industries and development of new environmental friendly and technically advanced PVC grades. Increasing focus on energy efficient constructions against the backdrop of escalating energy costs and rising environmental pollution is poised to benefit building materials made from PVC including PVC pipes, vinyl windows and doors. Benefits of PVC over most other building and piping materials include good abrasion resistance, mechanical strength and toughness; lightweight and flexibility; resistant to weathering, chemical rotting, corrosion, shock; fire resistant features; enables easy surface modification to meet customization needs; inherent biocompatibility and sterilizability features which are valuable for medical device manufacturing. In piping applications, PVC offers watertight joints safeguarding against leaks and feature smoother wall surfaces that ensures resistance few flow of liquid. Asia-Pacific represents the largest market as well as the fastest growing market driven by accelerated pace of infrastructure developments particularly water supply networks; new construction projects and upgrade of infrastructure facilities pushed by growing needs of expanding population; and increasing investments from the private sector. China continues to remain the largest producer and consumer of PVC. Against the backdrop of PVC surplus in China and no significant capacity expansion projects underway, there is expected to be limited additional capacity growth over the period 2017 to 2020. Operating rates are likely to improve in the near term with the global market heading towards an improving supply demand balance.
COMPANY AND INDUSTRY NEWS & STORIES
- Aurora Plastics Enters into Distribution Agreement with Nexeo Solutions in a Move to Distribute PVC Compounds in North America
- In a Bid to Expand PVC Production, Westlake Chemical to Enhance Plant Capacity by 750 Million Pounds/Year in Germany and the US
- With the Aim to Expand its Presence in the Specialty Products Market, Mexichem Acquires Sylvin Technologies
- Formosa Plastics to Add Annual Plant Capacity of 300 Million Pounds in a Move to Expand PVC Production in the U.S.
- Yavuz to Open New Plant in Mali Zvornik, in a Move to Expand Production Capacity in Serbia
OUTLOOK IN KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Construction ranks as the largest end-use market supported by growing focus on energy efficient building products and materials.
- Wire & Cable Coatings is projected to emerge as one of the fastest growing end use markets driven by increasing demand for high strength and more environment friendly plastics.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is defined as a polymer featuring innumerable vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) molecules attached end to end in a sequence. It is a popularly used form of plastic and represents a major end-use application of chlorine. PVC is a thermoplastic resin manufactured via the polymerization of chloride, a gas vinyl. A colorless solid, PVC shows excellent resistance to alkalies, water, alcohols, and concentrated acids.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
- ActivX Biosciences, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Bruker Daltonics, Inc.
- Caprion Biosciences, Inc.
- Digilab, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable