Versatility and Increasing Adoption Drive Growth in the Wide Format Printers Market
Published: March 2018
- Code: MCP-1777
- Pages: 300
- Tables: 56
- Companies: 45
WIDE FORMAT PRINTERS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Wide Format Printers is projected to reach US$4.3 billion by 2024, driven by growing user demand for faster turnarounds and short run print jobs, coupled with the versatility of the printers finding application in diverse range of applications. The versatility of the printers and the diversity of applications is one of the key reasons why wide format printed materials continue to be used even in the present digital marketing age. In addition to producing banners, signage, posters, wall coverings, printed textiles, window and vehicle graphics, labels and POP displays, wide format printing provides commercial printers a stepping stone into markets such as packaging and proofing. The rapid global penetration of the Internet has unlocked a huge market for mass customization and personalization of printer articles, thereby opening a world of opportunities for wide format printers. The growing demand for 3D printing is expected to spur the market for wide format printers. Europe represents the largest market worldwide, followed closely by the US. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 6.3% over the analysis period.
OUTLOOK IN KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Aqueous Technology is projected to retain its dominance in the long-term driven by its capability to provide sharpness and clarity for wide format prints.
- Benefits such as higher affordability, faster drying and improved finishing offered by UV Cured Technology, make it the fastest growing market.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- Wide format or large format printers are computer-controlled printers or printing systems capable of supporting a print roll width of 17 inches or more.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
MARKET SEGMENTATION & CLASSIFICATION
- Aqueous, Latex, Solvent, and UV-Cured
- Agfa-Gevaert N.V.
- Canon Inc.
- Durst Group
- Electronics for Imaging, Inc.
- HP, Inc.
- Konica Minolta, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable