Focus on the Prevention & Control of Biofilm-Based Medical-Device-Related Infections Spurs the Medical Device Coatings Market
Published: August 2017
- Code: MCP-1769
- Pages: 227
- Tables: 62
- Companies: 61
COATINGS FOR MEDICAL DEVICES: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Coatings for Medical Devices is projected to reach US$4.6 billion by 2024, driven by the growing focus on healthcare cost reduction by reducing the burden of preventable illnesses such as those caused by biofilm-based medical-device-related infections. Increasing demand for healthcare services, rise in healthcare associated infections (HAIs) acquired during the course of healthcare treatment and increased patient morbidity and mortality, are driving demand for anti-microbial and hemocompatible coatings. The growing popularity of minimally invasive surgeries is driving demand for hydrophilic surface coatings on medical devices such as guidewire, catheters, tubes etc. for preventing device stiction and enabling increased wettability, easier insertion and maneuverability inside the body. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, supported by biomedical engineering initiatives aimed at developing next-generation safe and durable biocompatible medical devices that encourage positive healing responses. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.4% over the analysis period, led by factors such as stable economic growth, growing population with rising healthcare needs, rising income and standards of living, improving public healthcare services, and increasing demand for and consumption of high-quality medical care services.
- Rise in Implant Surgeries Across a Wide Range of Medical Fields such as Dental, Orthopedics, Cosmetics & Cardiology to Spur Demand for Bioceramic Coatings
- Rise in Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Coronary Interventions and Endovascular Stent Placement to Drive Demand for Hydrophilic Coatings Capable of Creating a Hemocompatible, Antimicrobial Surface
- Growing R&D Interest in Drug Delivery Coatings, also Known as Therapeutic Coatings, Amplifies Future Growth Potential
- Aging Population and the Resulting Rise in Orthopedic Implants Fuels Demand for New Generation Ultra-Thin Hydroxyapatite (HA) Coatings
- Continuous Technology Innovation: The Key to Future Growth in the Market
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Antimicrobial Coatings, Drug-Eluting Coatings, Hydrophilic Coatings, and Others
Market Segmentation & Classification
- AdvanSource Biomaterials Corp.
- AeonClad Coatings, LLC
- Allvivo Vascular, Inc.
- Armoloy of Connecticut, Inc.
- AST Products, Inc.
- Biocoat, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable