Innovative Applications and Increasing Demand from Emerging Markets Drive the Global Bromine Market
Published: March 2018
- Code: MCP-1648
- Pages: 149
- Tables: 28
- Companies: 30
BROMINE: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Bromine is projected to reach 886 thousand metric tons by 2022 sustained by the continued use of bromine-based completion fluids in onshore and offshore drilling projects, stable market for brominated flame retardants, growing demand for bromine biocides and brominated pesticides in the agricultural sector. The market also stands to benefit from the increasing consumption of bromine in disinfectants and fumigants in the water treatment end-use sector; expanding uses into newer application areas such as flow battery, mercury emission control, crop protection, specialty rubber production etc.; and growing use of bromine as an alternative to chlorine and fluorine. The market stands to benefit from the growing demand for brominated fire safety solutions against a backdrop of stringent implementation of fire safety standards in homes, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, offices, factories, among others. Bromine is highly resistant to ignition, effective in slowing down fire and delaying their spread; and reduce pollutants that are emitted by fire. Demand is also expected to increase, supported by the use of bromine compounds in various clinical trials focused on therapeutics for Alzheimer’s, dementia, STDs, and certain forms of cancer. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market led by China, India, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia, Australia and Singapore. China ranks as the major consumer and producer of bromine in the region. The expansion of manufacturing industries such as textiles, electronics, and automotive and healthy agricultural activity represent other major factors spurring growth in the region.
COMPANY AND INDUSTRY NEWS & STORIES
- ICL to Divest St. Louis-based Fire Safety & Oil Additives Businesses to SK Capital, in a Move to Grow as an Independent Company
- LANXESS Acquires Chemtura, One of the World’s Leading Suppliers of Flame Retardant and Lubricant Additives
- Gulf Resources to Rectify Bromine Factories in China, in a Move to Meet the New Environmental Rules in China
- Gulf Resources Merges Yuxin Chemical & Rongyuan Chemical in a Bid to Reduce Costs & Improve Profitability
- With the Aim to Provide Access for Trucks & Other Heavy-Duty Equipment, Gulf Resources Constructs New Brine Water & Natural Gas Well Field in Sichuan
OUTLOOK IN KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Flame Retardants ranks as the largest end-use market driven by BFR’s low cost and high efficiency in a broad spectrum of applications and polymers.
- Given its greater biocidal efficacy, Bromine is projected to witness the fastest growth in the Water Treatment Chemicals end-use market.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- Bromine is a nonmetallic liquid element that is generally available in salt lakes, seawater and underground brines related to oil. Bromine is one of six elements on the periodic table, which are liquid at standard room temperatures. Characteristics of Bromine include dark amber red color, irritating odor, specific gravity of 3.11 at 20°C, ability to oxidize various metallic and non-metallic elements, boiling point of 58.8°C and freezing point of 7.2°C. Two processes are used to produce Bromine. These are air blowing process and steaming out process.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2014-2022
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea, Taiwan and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America, and Rest of World
MARKET SEGMENTATION & CLASSIFICATION
- Application Areas:
- Flame Retardants, Drilling Fluids, Organic Intermediates, Water-Treatment Chemicals, and Other Applications.
- Albemarle Corporation
- Arab Potash Company
- Chemada Fine Chemicals Company Ltd.
- Clearon Corporation
- DowDuPont Inc.
- Gulf Resources Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable