Growing Focus on Improved Construction Economics and Long Lasting Structures Steer Growth in the Global Construction Chemicals Market
Published: April 2017
- Code: MCP-1587
- Pages: 628
- Tables: 160
- Companies: 215
CONSTRUCTION CHEMICALS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Construction Chemicals is forecast to reach US$48.8 billion by 2022, driven by the resurgence in construction activity in developed countries, significant investments in infrastructure projects in emerging markets and growing demand for high performance and environmental friendly construction chemicals. Other factors driving demand include growing focus on short completion times, low raw material costs, preference for green technologies, and demand for long lasting stronger structures and constructions that require less frequent repair and maintenance. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 6.3% over the analysis period, led by encouraging GDP forecasts and a parallel expansion of opportunities in residential, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure construction; launch of government funded fully integrated chemical research projects aimed at improving the competitiveness of the domestic chemicals industry and its ability to meet high performance needs of the construction industry; growing international pressure to curb emissions and the resulting tightening of regulatory restrictions that encourage demand for environment friendly chemical systems and formulations.
- The Revival of Consumer Spending on Home Repair, Renovation and Remodeling in Developed Markets Spurs Growth in the Market
- The Market Witnesses Increased Manufacturer Focus on Molecular Structure Innovation of Chemicals to Derive Desirable Physical Chemical Properties
- Changing Government Regulations and Green Building Codes Drive Demand for Eco-Friendly, Sustainable and Non-Hazardous Specialty Chemicals
- Emphasis on Low Maintenance Construction Benefits Demand for Polyurethane Sealants
- Growing Value of Waterproof Construction of High Rise Buildings and Flat Terraces Drives Demand for Waterproofing Admixtures
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Protective Coatings & Sealers, Caulks & Adhesives, Cement & Asphalt Additives, Grouts & Mortars, and Polymer Flooring & Others
- End-Use Sectors:
- Residential Construction, Non-Residential Construction, and Non-Building Construction
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Akzo Nobel Chemicals AG
- Antas Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Ashland Global Holdings, Inc.
- BASF SE
- Bostik, Inc.
- Franklin International, Inc.
- GCP Applied Technologies, Inc.
- H.B. Fuller Company
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable