Cost Containment Measures from Pharma Companies to Drive the Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-1535
- Pages: 346
- Tables: 60
- Companies: 112
PHARMACEUTICAL CONTRACT MANUFACTURING: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing is projected to reach US$25.3 billion by 2022, driven by the increasing demand for drugs in parallel to growing global healthcare burden; and the rising focus on cost containment as pharmaceutical companies face shrinking profit margins due to competition from generics and biosimilars, patent expiry of blockbuster drugs and the ensuing aggravation of pricing pressures and the competitive need to increase time-to-market through resource management. A key trend in the market is the increase in small batch productions and small-volume contracts. The United States represents the largest market worldwide supported by aggressive healthcare reforms and migration to value based healthcare that encourages replacement of branded drugs with generics, biologicals and biosimilars. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 8.2% through the analysis period, led by the emergence of low cost Asian countries with huge talent pool as hubs for outsourced services and growing investments by CMOs in acquiring technological capabilities and expertise to keep abreast of the manufacturing requirements imposed by the growing complexity of new drugs under development.
- Growing Market for Generic Drugs in Solid Dosage Forms Drives the Trend Towards Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing
- • Migration from Vials to Flexible-Bags and Pre-Filled Syringe Systems to Spur the Popularity of Contract Manufacturing for Injectable Drugs
- Growing Adoption of Cutting-Edge Manufacturing Technologies to Radicalize the PCM Environment
- Rise in Quality and Cost Concerns Drives Use of Perfusion Technology in Biopharmaceutical Production
- Focus on Healthcare Cost Rationalization to Spur Demand for Contract Manufacturing Services Tailored for Generic Drugs
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Dosage Forms:
- Injectables, Solid Dosage Forms, and Liquid & Semi-solid Dosage Forms
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Aenova Group
- Ajinomoto Althea, Inc.
- Albany Molecular Research Inc.
- Alcami Corporation
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Catalent Pharma Solutions, Inc.
- Cobra Biologics Holding AB
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable