Adoption of Big Data, Cloud and BPaaS Drives the Global Business Process Outsourcing Market
Published: February 2017
- Code: MCP-1533
- Pages: 718
- Tables: 168
- Companies: 222
BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING (BPO): A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is projected to reach US$262.2 Billion by 2022 driven by the cost benefits achieved by outsourcing back-office administration; and the development and availability of new generation technologies such as process automation, big data analytics, cloud services such as BPaaS, and embedded analytics-based BPO. Growing competitiveness of global markets and the ensuing pressure on businesses to run efficiently and cost effectively is providing opportunities for accelerated growth in BPO services. Banking BPO services are poised to witness the strongest gains in the coming years as a result of stringent regulatory requirements, unprecedented cost pressures and the need for banks to focus on core innovation-driven differentiation. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 8.5% over the analysis period. India and the Philippines remain the two most lucrative destinations for BPO services. The BPO phenomenon in Asian countries is the outcome of three major global trends namely globalization, economics and geopolitics.
- Robotic Process Automation Solution that Replicates Manual Process Gains in Significance
- Focus on Increased Operational Efficiency Spurs Adoption of Sole Sourcing/Single Sourcing Model
- Multi-Sourcing Gains in Prominence for its Ability to Reduce Dependence and Risk Associated With a Single Provider
- Emergence of Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) as a Lucrative Business Model to Benefit Growth
- Anti-Outsourcing Ideologies of the Trump Presidency Spreads Uncertainty in Developing Markets Dependent on BPO Service Contracts from the U.S.
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Horizontal Segments:
- Finance & Accounting, Customer Services, HR, KPO, and Procurement.
- End-Use Segments:
- Manufacturing, Telecommunications & Technology, Banking, Insurance & Finance Services, Retail, and Others
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Accenture Plc
- Aon Hewitt
- Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
- Capita Plc
- Ceridian HCM, Inc.
- CGI Group, Inc.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable