Rise in Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus & Innovation in Insulin Delivery Techniques Drives Demand for External Insulin Pumps
Published: October 2017
- Code: MCP-1511
- Pages: 205
- Tables: 63
- Companies: 15
INSULIN PUMPS (EXTERNAL): A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Insulin Pumps (External) is projected to reach US$3.9 billion by 2022, driven by growing prevalence of diabetes, shift towards more convenient solutions for insulin infusion, and technological developments in subcutaneous open-loop insulin delivery methods. Advancements in Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) systems and incremental improvements in the development of subcutaneous glucose sensors are driving the commercial success of external insulin pumps. The market is also benefiting from the development of cutting edge transdermal insulin delivery techniques including the highly researched electroporation, iontophoresis and sonophoresis, all of which enhance physical penetration required for facilitating the transport of drug macromolecules and compounds. The United States represents the largest market worldwide supported by the diabeisty epidemic. Asia-Pacific represents the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 10.9% through the analysis period, led by factors such as growing awareness over available cutting edge diabetes management techniques, devices and equipment; increasing preference for alternative to insulin injections; and improving healthcare spending as a result of increasing disposable income and easy access to affordable healthcare services.
- Innovation in Miniaturization Technologies and the Resulting Development of Compact, Discreet, and Convenient Insulin Pumps in Small Form Factors to Spur Growth in the Market
- Growing Preference for Painless Insulin Delivery Drives Interest in Passive Transdermal Delivery Methods such as Electroporation Assisted Permeation
- Emergence and Growing Options in Patch Pumps and Development of Tubeless Pumps Drive Adoption of Wearable Insulin Pumps
- Consumer Preference for Low-Risk Wearable Devices and Technological Advancement in Closed Loop CGM System Fuel Adoption Rates
- Development of New and Improved Biofunctional Microneedles to Help Spur Use of Wearable Insulin Pumps in the Treatment of Type II Diabetes
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Debiotech S.A.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Ltd.
- Insulet Corp.
- Medtronic Plc.
- Sooil Development Co. Ltd.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable