Strong R&D Investments in Modeling & Design of High-Speed Permanent Magnet Machines to Drive Global Demand for Magnets and Magnetic Materials
Published: January 2017
- Code: MCP-1488
- Pages: 431
- Tables: 168
- Companies: 159
MAGNETS AND MAGNETIC MATERIALS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Soft Magnetic Materials and Permanent Magnets is forecast to reach US$25.7 billion and US$21.6 billion respectively by 2022, driven by the marked shift in electrical engineering towards permanent magnet synchronous motors supported by its numerous benefits over conventional AC induction motors. Expanding applications of PM AC machines and technology developments in design topologies, coupled with innovation in permanent magnet drive controls are revolutionizing the use of magnets and magnetic materials in electric machine design, automotive propulsion systems, wind and renewable power generation, elevators and cranes, HVAC equipment, white goods and power appliances. Asia-Pacific ranks as the largest market worldwide, supported by growing R&D investments in the development of advanced magnetic materials; rising standards of living, disposable income and the resulting increase in per capita car ownership and robust vehicle production; rapidly digitalizing lifestyles of the affluent base of middle class population and the ensuing demand for new generation smartphones loaded with multiple sensors such as accelerometers, temperature sensors, magnetic field sensors, pressure sensors, all of which integrate magnetic materials as their core sensor element.
- With Over 85% Share in World Production of Rare Earth Materials, China Ranks as the Largest Producer of Permanent Magnets & Magnetic Materials
- Projected Rise in Automobile Production to Spur Use of Magnets in Automotive Electrical Magnetism Based Components such as Alternators, Ignition Coils, Starter Solenoids, Motors & Pulse Generators
- Massive Potential for Smartphone Sales to Benefit Use of Magnets and Magnetic Materials in the Manufacture of Smartphone Sensor Elements
- Growth in Wind Energy Generation Drives Engineering Focus on Developing Efficient Wind Turbines With Direct Drive Permanent Magnet Generator (PMG) Systems
- Hexagonal Ferrites Open New Opportunities in Multiferroic Applications
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Segments:
- Soft Magnetic Materials (Soft Ferrite, & Electrical Steel), and Permanent Magnets (Alnico Magnets, Hard Ferrite Magnets, Samarium Cobalt Magnets, & NdFeB Magnets).
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Advanced Technology & Materials Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Jingci Magnetism Technology Co.
- Beijing Zhong Ke San Huan Hi-Tech Co., Ltd.
- BGRIMM Magnetic Materials & Technology Co. Ltd.
- Electron Energy Corp.
- Hitachi Metals Ltd.
- Hengdian Group DMEGC Magnetics Co., Ltd.
- Hoosier Magnetics Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable