Increase in Professional Hygiene Related Threats and Risks Drives Healthy Demand for Industrial and Institutional Cleaning Products
Published: February 2018
- Code: MCP-1487
- Pages: 655
- Tables: 110
- Companies: 392
INDUSTRIAL AND INSTITUTIONAL CLEANING PRODUCTS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Industrial and Institutional Cleaning Products is projected to exceed US$60 billion by 2022, driven by the need for advanced solutions that are effective against new and aggressive strains of antibiotic-resistant microbes. The growth in the market is also benefiting from the strong demand for eco-friendly, plant derived, green cleaning products packaged in recyclable packaging materials; launch of innovative new products with lower water requirements and their growing popularity in water scarce industrial parks; growing global burden of preventable infections, the resulting focus on reducing hospital acquired infections and a parallel increase in the use of disinfectants and cleaning products in the healthcare sector; and rising significance of keeping hands and surfaces clean and the resulting strong demand for disinfecting and cleaning wipes, among others. Growing in prominence are bio-based materials and bio-enzymatics derived from agricultural products such as corn and soybeans. Europe and the United States represent leading markets worldwide. Stringent safety regulations, rising standards in sanitation, strong demand from the healthcare industry against the backdrop of the growing emphasis on infection prevention represent key factors driving growth in these markets. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 6.9% over the analysis period led by China and India, the two major Asian countries with burgeoning manufacturing sectors and rapid development of institutional and commercial infrastructure.
OUTLOOK IN KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Through 2024, Sanitation & Janitorial Cleaners segment will remain the largest market, followed by Kitchen & Catering Cleaning Agents segment.
- Sanitation & Janitorial Cleaners segment ranks as the largest market supported by surging demand for disinfectants and sanitizers.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- The term ‘Industrial and Institutional (I&I) Cleaning Products’ denotes cleaning agents used in industrial and institutional light-duty or heavy-duty cleaning applications, in order to maintain hygiene and sanitation standards in commercial premises and production facilities.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
MARKET SEGMENTATION & CLASSIFICATION
- Product Segments:
- Sanitation & Janitorial Cleaners/Cleaning Products, Industrial/Technical Cleaners, Kitchen & Catering Cleaning Agents, Food & Dairy Processing Cleaners, Laundry Agents, and Others
- End-Use Segments:
- Industrial, Food & Lodging, Building Service Contractors, Food & Drinks Processing Units, Retail Outlets, Healthcare Facilities, and Others
- 3M Company
- ALMADION International LLC
- Arrow Solutions
- Arrow-Magnolia International, Inc.
- Bebbington Industries
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable