Quest for Speed & Flexibility in Electronics Manufacturing Drive Demand for Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Equipment
Published: February 2017
- Code: MCP-1236
- Pages: 352
- Tables: 110
- Companies: 69
SURFACE MOUNT TECHNOLOGY (SMT) EQUIPMENT: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Equipment is projected to reach US$3.9 billion by 2022, driven by technological innovations in next generation electronics, rising demand for mobile communication devices, need for speed and flexibility in electronics manufacturing, and rise in the number of electronic contract manufacturers. Other major factors driving growth include stable R&D investments in electronics packaging and chip design and architecture; continued focus on miniaturization of electronic components; and increased adoption of automation technologies for more efficient assembling and packaging of electronic sub-systems. Strong adoption of advanced and highly efficient ‘pick & place’ machines especially bodes well for the growth of SMT placement equipment. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 6.7% over the analysis period, led by booming electronics contract manufacturing sector in Southeast Asian countries; emergence of Taiwan and South Korea as hubs for semiconductor production, innovation and excellence; and strong domestic demand for electronic products and solutions.
- Growing Competition and the Urgent Need to Increase Manufacturing Throughput and Reduce Time-to-Market Drive Automated SMT Assembly of Electronic Components
- Stringent Focus On Quality Control and the Ensuing Need to Minimize Defects Drive Adoption of SMT Equipment
- SMT Inspection Equipment Gains Traction as Focus Shifts from Detection of Defects to Prevention
- Reduced Board and Material Handling Costs Make SMT a Cost Effective Technology for Electronics Assembly and Packaging
- Developing Markets: The Focal Point for Future Growth
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Groups/Segments:
- Screen Print Equipment (Manual Screen Print Equipment, Semiautomatic Screen Print Equipment, & Automatic Screen Print Equipment), Placement Equipment Market (High-Speed Placement Equipment, Medium Speed Placement Equipment, & Low-Speed Placement Equipment), Soldering Equipment (Reflow Oven, & Wave Oven), Cleaning Equipment, Inspection Equipment (Optical Inspection Equipment, X-Ray Inspection Equipment, & Laser Inspection Equipment), and Repair and Rework Equipment (Manual Repair and Rework Equipment, & Semiautomatic Repair and Rework Equipment).
Market Segmentation & Classification
- ASM Assembly Systems GmbH & Co. KG
- CyberOptics Corporation
- Electro Scientific Industries, Inc.
- Fuji Machine Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Glenbrook Technologies, Inc.
- Heller Industries, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable