Quest for Speed & Flexibility in Electronics Manufacturing Drive Demand for Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Equipment
Published: February 2017
- Code: MCP-1236
- Pages: 352
- Tables: 110
- Companies: 69
SURFACE MOUNT TECHNOLOGY (SMT) EQUIPMENT: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for SMT Equipment is projected to reach US$3.9 billion by 2022, driven by technological innovations in next generation electronics, continued craze and rising demand for mobile communications devices, need for speed & flexibility in electronics manufacturing, and rise in number of electronic contract manufacturers. The market stands to benefit from the robust demand for electronic components and smart devices, and stable investments in R&D and technology innovation. Factors such as manufacture of various electronic components in large volumes and miniaturization of components necessitate the utilization of advanced and highly efficient ‘pick & place’ machines, thus benefitting demand for SMT placement equipment. Despite the opportunities for growth, the market will face challenges such as high cost of surface mount equipment, and unsuitability of the technology for high-voltage and high-power circuitry. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market exhibiting a CAGR of 6.7% during the analysis period. The growth in the region is led by booming electronics contract manufacturing sector in Southeast Asian countries. In Europe, growth will be supported by the European governments’ focus on the development of the manufacturing sector, especially electronics and hardware production by supporting manufacturing clusters and start-ups in the region.
- Need for Speed & Flexibility in Electronics Manufacturing Industry Spur Growth
- Next Generation Electronics Opens up Opportunities for SMT
- SMT Inspection Equipment Gain Traction as Focus Shifts from Detection to Prevention
- Growth in Electronic Manufacturing to Boost Market Prospects for SMT Equipment
- Multiple Technologies Cannibalize Sales for SMT Inspection Equipment
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Product Groups/Segments:
- Screen Print Equipment (Manual Screen Print Equipment, Semiautomatic Screen Print Equipment, & Automatic Screen Print Equipment), Placement Equipment Market (High-Speed Placement Equipment, Medium Speed Placement Equipment, & Low-Speed Placement Equipment), Soldering Equipment (Reflow Oven, & Wave Oven), Cleaning Equipment, Inspection Equipment (Optical Inspection Equipment, X-Ray Inspection Equipment, & Laser Inspection Equipment), and Repair and Rework Equipment (Manual Repair and Rework Equipment, & Semiautomatic Repair and Rework Equipment).
Market Segmentation & Classification
- ASM Assembly Systems GmbH & Co. KG
- CyberOptics Corporation
- Electro Scientific Industries, Inc.
- Fuji Machine Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Glenbrook Technologies, Inc.
- Heller Industries, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable