Expanding Application Markets and Replacement Demand to Drive the Global Plastic Pipes Market
Published: February 2018
- Code: MCP-1173
- Pages: 500
- Tables: 98
- Companies: 274
PLASTIC PIPES: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Plastic Pipes is projected to reach 20.4 billion meters by 2024, driven by replacement demand for piping materials in sewer and utility pipe networks; launch of new material compositions; and growth in public infrastructure spending in developing markets. The market is also benefiting from the growing acceptance of large diameter plastic pipes in infrastructure applications ranging from drainage, sewer to water transmission. Few of the benefits of large diameter plastic pipes driving their adoption include flexibility in installation; corrosion, abrasion and chemical resistance; high fatigue strength; longer functional life and reduced operational costs. The market also stands to benefit from technological advances in manufacturing processes of PVC; development of new plastic grades such as Oriented PVC & Modified PVC, growing focus on new applications such as rain harvesting, recovering oil prices and CAPEX investments in oil and gas exploration projects; planned deployment of natural gas distribution pipelines; recovering construction activity; launch of larger diameter pipes with structured and foam-core designs; rise in demand for glass fiber-reinforced plastic (GRP) pipes in potable water projects and irrigation systems and replacement of reinforced concrete pipes with HDPE corrugated pipes in storm water pipe systems. Asia-Pacific represents the largest as well as the fastest growing market worldwide led by factors such as improved spending on infrastructure modernization projects, replacement of metal based pipes with plastic pipes in utility networks, and expanding crop irrigation activities in South Asian agrarian-based economies; rehabilitation of aging pipelines for drainage and sewage disposal and drinking water transportation, and growing preference for no-dig technology.
OUTLOOK IN KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Through 2024, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipes will remain the largest market, followed by Polyethylene (PE) Pipes.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipes ranks as the largest market driven by PVC’s wide ranging performance benefits such as cost effectiveness, durability and resistance to corrosion, abrasion and chemicals.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- Plastic Pipes, defined as hollow cylinders or tubes made up of plastic for transporting fluids in various sectors including irrigation, sanitation and waste management, retail, transport, power and construction. Plastic Pipes, the dominating variety of pipes worldwide, are more beneficial over traditional pipes made of steel, concrete and other materials. They are highly resistant to corrosion and are also durable.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
MARKET SEGMENTATION & CLASSIFICATION
- Product Segments:
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipes, Polyethylene (PE) Pipes, Polypropylene (PP) Pipes, and Others
- A.G. Petzetakis S.A.
- Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
- Aliaxis SA
- China Lesso Group Holdings Ltd.
- Egeplast A. S.
- Finolex Industries Ltd.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable