Rising Number of Implant Procedures and Technological Advancements to Drive the Global Biocompatible Materials Market
Published: March 2018
- Code: MCP-1094
- Pages: 247
- Tables: 59
- Companies: 53
BIOCOMPATIBLE MATERIALS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Biocompatible Materials is projected to reach US$175.5 billion by 2024, driven by technological advancements, growing base of aging population and the ensuing need for interventional surgeries for tissue and organ replacement. In addition to a number of innovations already developed, several research activities are in pipeline, exploring the development of new materials through combination materials. Developments in treatment technologies aimed at alleviating or delaying the need of implants has led to the emergence of the fourth generation of biomaterials, the smart or biomimetic materials. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 17.1% over the analysis period , led by factors such as rise in public and private investments to improve healthcare infrastructure and deliver better quality healthcare, and growing demand for prosthetics and implants in light of an expanding elderly population.
OUTLOOK IN KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Widespread acceptance in coronary surgeries for opening closed arteries, make Metallic Biocompatible Materials the dominant product market.
- Polymeric Biocompatible Materials market is forecast to witness fastest growth driven by robust use in the manufacture of eye implant devices and prosthetic heart valves.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- Biocompatible materials are biodegradable substances exclusively developed and manufactured for use in living beings to carry out various specialized functions. Biocompatible materials may also be defined as synthetics or natural materials, excluding any type of drugs, used in the process of repair or replacement of body tissue or body function.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
MARKET SEGMENTATION & CLASSIFICATION
- Product Segments:
- Polymeric Materials, Metallic Materials, Ceramic Materials, and Other Materials
- AdvanSource Biomaterials Corporation
- BASF SE
- Berkeley Advanced Biomaterials, Inc.
- Biomet, Inc.
- BioMimetic Therapeutics LLC
- BonAlive Biomaterials, Ltd.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable