Rapid Technological Advancements and Rising R&D Funding Drive the Global Proteomics Market
Published: March 2018
- Code: MCP-1029
- Pages: 261
- Tables: 51
- Companies: 75
PROTEOMICS: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Proteomics is forecast to reach US$30.5 billion by the year 2024, driven by the technology’s growing significance in public health and nutrition research; Growing focus of the medical and research community in discovering new protein biomarkers for different disease conditions; increasing R&D funding from various governments for proteomics research, extensive use in analyzing target proteins for diagnosing various diseases, and growing emphasis on personalized medicine. Poised to benefit are all areas of proteomics research including protein separation, protein identification, protein quantification, protein sequence analysis, structural proteomics, interaction proteomics, protein modification and cellular proteomics. The market is also benefitting from increasing penetration of technologies for comprehensive analysis of proteins, such as ElectroSpray Ionization-Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (ESI-LC-MS), protein fractionation systems, surface plasma resonance, microarray, chromatography, and X-ray crystallography. Advantages associated with the study of qualitative and quantitative analysis of proteins include helps identify new disease causing genes and drug interaction pathways; aids in determining and developing appropriate treatments for diseases; and invaluable use in identification of biomarkers for disease diagnosis. High unmet needs in effective cancer treatment and therapies are poised to spur use of proteomics in the study of tumor metastasis. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, followed by Europe. Emerging economies of Asia and Latin America are poised to fuel future growth in the market supported by socioeconomic growth, increased focus on biotechnology research, strong government support, and increased outsourcing of proteomics services to Asian countries.
COMPANY AND INDUSTRY NEWS & STORIES
- Proteomics International Partners with Dimerix to Investigate the Potential DMX-200 and PromarkerD in Kidney Disease Treatment
- SCIEX & NUS Faculty of Science Launches Training Centre for Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry in South East Asia
- ARCH Venture Partners & Versant Ventures Establish Vividion Therapeutics in a Move to Develop Innovative Therapeutics
- PharmaFluidics Introduces µPAC, a LC System, that Uses Patterned Microchips for Sample Separation Upfront of Instrumentation like Mass Spectrometry
- Bruker Introduces the timsTOF Pro System for PASEF Mass Spectrometry
OUTLOOK IN KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Reagents ranks as the largest market, driven by increased research in academic institutes, coupled with growth in demand for reagents to analyze various biological samples
- Instruments is projected to be one among the fastest growing markets driven by launch of technologically advanced instruments, such as 2-D electrophoresis protein analyzers.
PRODUCT DEFINITION & SCOPE
- Proteomics is the study and analysis of proteins - their structure and function. Proteomics can be defined as the systematic study of the cell’s proteome expression in the cell cycle. The study is aimed at understanding the role and function of proteins in tissues and cells. Proteomics involves two distinct and complementary technologies associated with it. The first examines the expression of huge output of proteins during the cell cycle and how this pattern of expression changes under different conditions, for instance, in the presence of a drug or in a diseased state of the tissue. The other technology identifies the structure of the expressed protein, its characteristics, and characterizes the proteins that interact with each other.
TIMELINE FOR ANALYSIS
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
GEOGRAPHIC MARKETS ANALYZED
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World
- ActivX Biosciences, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Bruker Daltonics, Inc.
- Caprion Biosciences, Inc.
- Digilab, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable