Ubiquity of USB Ports and Connectivity on Myriad Electronic Devices Drives the Global USB 3.0 Market
Published: August 2017
- Code: MCP-7781
- Pages: 187
- Tables: 35
- Companies: 75
USB 3.0: A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Universal Serial Bus (USB) 3.0 Flash Drives is projected to reach US$6.7 billion by 2024, driven by ubiquitous presence of USB 3.0 ports on devices against the backdrop of robust consumer demand for faster data transfer speeds and OEMs focus on building latest interfaces into their devices. Few of the factors driving the technology upgrade from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 include superior speeds, more efficient power management, and backward compatibility to USB2.0 and USB 1.1. The market stands to benefit from the growing consumer need for data storage and transfer and the growing preference for flexible and scalable solutions that provide easy and hassle free data handling on-the-go. Asia-Pacific represents the largest market worldwide, followed by Europe. The region also ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 20% over the analysis period led by factors such as robust evolution of digital technologies especially in the consumer market; rapidly digitalizing lifestyles and the ensuing strong demand for consumer electronics and peripherals, and presence of Southeast Asian countries as global hubs for electronics manufacturing.
- Robust Global Sales of Smartphones to Drive Demand for USB 3.0 Flash Drives for Convenient Transfer and Sharing of Content
- Need for Seamless Device Connectivity in a Multi-Network Environment Spurs Growth of USB 3.0
- Standardization of USB as the Backbone for Wired Data Connectivity in Medical Electronic Devices Drives Opportunities for USB 3.0 in the Healthcare Sector
- The Growing Focus on Bridging the Connectivity Gap in the Industrial Automation Space Drives Demand for USB 3.0 in Industrial Applications#USB 3.0 Pen-Drives to Witness Robust Demand for their Ability to Allow Traditional Hard Drives to Operate Without Speed Throughput Bottlenecks
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- ADATA Technology Co., Ltd.
- Corsair Components, Inc.
- ELECOM Co., Ltd.
- Gigastone Corporation
- HP, Inc.
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable