|Smartwatches Market Trends|
The global market for Smartwatches is projected to exceed 110 million units by 2020, driven by robust demand for wireless fitness and sports devices, rapid penetration of smartphones, and launch of advanced versions with improved functional and operational efficiency. Other factors driving growth in the market include growing levels of health awareness among consumers, evolving future of wearables in healthcare, and the trend towards moving healthcare from hospitals to homes to self-care. Asia-Pacific represents the largest as well as the fastest growing market worldwide, with an impressive CAGR of 76.9% over the analysis period. Growing popularity of customized mHealth approaches, robust broadband access market, developing economies, increasing spending power, growing demand from young adults, elderly and tech-savvy and health conscious consumers and rising 3G/4G penetration, make the region a lucrative market with enormous potential for growth. More...
View Report Contents
Snapshot Summary of Trends & Drivers
- Low-Cost Android Smartwatches Rise in Popularity in Developing Countries
- Robust Demand for High-End Smartwatches Benefits Market Expansion
- Large, High Resolution Displays Lend Traction to Growth
- Innovation in Smartwatch Designs & Development of the App Ecosystem to Fuel Market Potential
- Internet of Things (IoT) to Fuel Large-Scale Adoption of Smartwatches
- Battery Life Limitations: A Key Challenge Hampering Adoption of Smartwatches
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2014-2020
- Geographic Regions Covered – The US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Global Market Analyzed by Operating Systems – Android/Android Wear, watchOS, and Others
- Market Trends & Issues
- Growth Drivers & Enablers
- Growth Inhibitors
- Opportunities and Challenges
- Recent Industry Activity
- Product Innovations & Trends
- Market Analyses, Facts, Figures & Forecasts
- Coverage of Major & Niche Players
- Comprehensive Geographic Coverage
- Extensive Product Coverage
- 61 major and niche players covered
- ConnecteDevice Ltd.
- Fitbit, Inc.
- Garmin Ltd.
- Google, Inc.
- Pebble Technology Corporation
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Sony Corporation
Market Research Report Details
The research report titled “Smartwatches: A Global Strategic Business Report” announced by Global Industry Analysts Inc., provides a comprehensive review of market trends, drivers, opportunities, challenges and issues in addition to current coverage on company information and latest news and events including strategic corporate developments, and product innovations. The report helps identify the biggest opportunities in this space and offers accurate latent demand forecasting that empowers quantitative decision making among existing market players and new entrants.
To view complete report details including the full table of contents (TOC) and to sign up for a comprehensive complimentary review of our research program including details on methodology, secondary and primary sources and summary of research findings, please click here
1. Infographics Compiled From Search Engine Research