|Smart Cities Market Trends|
The global market for Smart Cities is projected to reach US$1.2 trillion by 2020, driven by the growing world population, unscrupulous exploitation of natural resources, and the ensuing search for sustainable ways to accommodate the 7+ billion people on the planet. Key benefits of smart cities include higher quality of life; equitable opportunities for all (citizens, businesses and governing agencies); unrivalled social, economic and environmental benefits; encourages citizen participation in civic activities; massive reduction in energy and water consumption; and interconnectivity, better communication and improved ability of cities to respond to natural and manmade calamities. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 21.2% over the analysis period, driven by the growing pressure to improve life in emerging markets, increased focus on “Smart Cities” in political agendas for the technology’s ability to provide fair human outcomes, and efforts of local governments to achieve international recognition for smart digitalization and sustainable economic development. More...
Snapshot Summary of Trends & Drivers
- IoT Lies at the Heart of the Connected Self-Aware Environment Epitomized by Smart Cities
- Increasingly Congested Cities Lay the Foundation for the Creation of Planned Urban Spaces
- Surging Penetration of Smart Water Meters & Smart Gas Solutions Helps in the Provision of Smart Utility Services
- Growing Investments in Demand Response Enables Closer Consumer Engagement in Competitive & Smart City Energy Markets
- Security in Smart Cities Receives Undivided Focus
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2013-2020
- Geographic Regions Covered –The US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- End-Use Segments: Industry Automation, Power Supply, Security, Education, Buildings & Homes, and Others
- Market Trends & Issues
- Growth Drivers & Enablers
- Growth Inhibitors
- Opportunities and Challenges
- Recent Industry Activity
- Product Innovations & Trends
- Market Analyses, Facts, Figures & Forecasts
- Coverage of Major & Niche Players
- Comprehensive Geographic Coverage
- Extensive Product Coverage
- 81 major and niche players covered
- ABB Ltd.
- Accenture plc
- AGT International
- Atos SE
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Hitachi, Ltd.
Market Research Report Details
The research report titled “Smart Cities: A Global Strategic Business Report” announced by Global Industry Analysts Inc., provides a comprehensive review of market trends, drivers, opportunities, challenges and issues in addition to current coverage on company information and latest news and events including strategic corporate developments, and product innovations. The report helps identify the biggest opportunities in this space and offers accurate latent demand forecasting that empowers quantitative decision making among existing market players and new entrants.
To view complete report details including the full table of contents (TOC) and to sign up for a comprehensive complimentary review of our research program including details on methodology, secondary and primary sources and summary of research findings,
Infographics Compiled From Search Engine Research
1. Cities are reaching their limits
2. Smart Cities & Communities
3. Building low-carbon cities
4. Anatomy of a Smart City
5. Smart & Resilient Cities
6. Smart Cities
7. Smart Cities: Turning Big Data into Insight
8. Whar is a 'Smart City'?
9. List of Potential Smart Cities