|Commercial Drones Market Trends|
The global market for Commercial Drones is projected to reach US$1.8 billion by 2020, driven by the expanding use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in executing high-risk tasks and the growing prominence of drones-as-a-service. Growing demand for superior aerial imagery, remote sensing, air surveillance, development of advanced sensors, improvements in computing speeds, and enhanced data processing capabilities, are driving the use of UAVs in commercial applications. Technology maturity and falling prices of these systems are expanding market opportunities into a wide range of commercial applications. Strong demand for drones in non-audiovisual applications such as agriculture, surveillance and inspection will also help spur growth in the market. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is currently involved in finalizing regulations which allow drones with less than 55 pounds weight to be operated. Europe is poised to grow at the fastest CAGR of 36% over the analysis period, led by the relaxation in regulatory restrictions and expanding applications in agriculture and law enforcement sectors. More...
View Report Contents
Snapshot Summary of Trends & Drivers
- Multirotor Drones in Non-Military Applications like Surveillance & Photography Grow in Prominence
- Flight Stability & Cost Benefits Spur Use of Rotary Blade Drones in Consumer & Commercial Applications
- Rising Prominence of Drones as Risk Mitigation Tools Fuels Adoption in Non-Military Sectors
- Growing Demand for Aerial Images & Video in Real Estate, Media & Entertainment Spurs Growth of Photography Drones
- Strong Penetration of Smartphones Fuels Interest in Smartphone Controlled Drones
- Lack of Regulatory Framework Hampers Adoption of Drones in the Commercial Sector
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2014-2020
- Historic Review 2007-2013
- Geographic Regions Covered – The US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
- Market Trends & Issues
- Growth Drivers & Enablers
- Growth Inhibitors
- Opportunities and Challenges
- Recent Industry Activity
- Product Innovations & Trends
- Market Analyses, Facts, Figures & Forecasts
- Coverage of Major & Niche Players
- Comprehensive Geographic Coverage
- Extensive Product Coverage
- 256 major and niche players covered
- 3D Robotics Inc.
- AeroVironment Inc.
- Cyberhawk Innovations Ltd.
- CyPhy Works Inc.
- Drone Aviation Holding Corporation
- EHang Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Parrot SA
Market Research Report Details
The research report titled “Commercial Drones: A Global Strategic Business Report” announced by Global Industry Analysts Inc., provides a comprehensive review of market trends, drivers, opportunities, challenges and issues in addition to current coverage on company information and latest news and events including strategic corporate developments, and product innovations. The report helps identify the biggest opportunities in this space and offers accurate latent demand forecasting that empowers quantitative decision making among existing market players and new entrants.
To view complete report details including the full table of contents (TOC) and to sign up for a comprehensive complimentary review of our research program including details on methodology, secondary and primary sources and summary of research findings, please click here
1. Infographics Compiled From Search Engine ResearchA Short History of Drones
2. Infographics Compiled From Search Engine Research40 Uses for Drones Practical Applications for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
3. Infographics Compiled From Search Engine ResearchInvasion of the Drones
4. Infographics Compiled From Search Engine ResearchBring on the Drones
5. Infographics Compiled From Search Engine ResearchHow Can Drones Be Used Commercially?
6. Infographics Compiled From Search Engine ResearchDrone Photography Info