|Biofuels (Bioethanol and Biodiesel) Market Trends|
Global consumption for Biofuels is projected to reach US$57.8 billion gallons by 2020, driven by superior energy efficiency benefits over conventional fossil fuels, government support of eco-friendly alternatives, higher biofuel blending mandates for transportation fuel, and focus on alternatives to fossil fuels as a means to achieve energy sustainability and security. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, with a 45.2% share of global consumption in 2015. In the United States and European Union, growing popularity of second generation biofuels and use of cellulosic feedstocks will reduce the subsidies offered on conventional biofuels. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 14.8% over the analysis period. Latin America represents the second fastest growing market. Tropical climate with abundant sunshine and arable land availability make developing Asian countries attractive markets for biomass and biofuel production. More...
View Report Contents
Snapshot Summary of Trends & Drivers
- Environment-Friendly Energy Crops to Witness Significant Growth
- Flex-Fuel Vehicles Drive Demand of Biofuels
- Blending Mandates to Drive Global Biofuel Consumption
- Global Algal Biofuel Production to Increase Significantly
- Innovative Technologies and Strategies Fuel Demand for Algal Fuel
- Renewed Interest in Renewable Fuels Spurs Demand for Biodiesel
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2014-2020
- Historic Review 2007-2013
- Geographic Regions Covered – The US, Canada, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Poland, Spain, Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, India, Indonesia, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
- Global Product Segments Analyzed – Fuel Ethanol and Biodiesel
- Market Trends & Issues
- Growth Drivers & Enablers
- Growth Inhibitors
- Opportunities and Challenges
- Recent Industry Activity
- Product Innovations & Trends
- Market Analyses, Facts, Figures & Forecasts
- Coverage of Major & Niche Players
- Comprehensive Geographic Coverage
- Extensive Product Coverage
- 141 major and niche players covered
- Abengoa Bioenergy, S.A.
- Cargill, Inc.
- Diester Industries
- Greenfield Specialty Alcohols, Inc.
- Renewable Energy Group, Inc.
- Solazyme, Inc.
- VERBIO Vereinigte Bioenergie KG
- Wilmar International Limited
Market Research Report Details
The research report titled “Biofuels (Fuel Ethanol and Biodiesel): A Global Strategic Business Report” announced by Global Industry Analysts Inc., provides a comprehensive review of market trends, drivers, opportunities, challenges and issues in addition to current coverage on company information and latest news and events including strategic corporate developments, and product innovations. The report helps identify the biggest opportunities in this space and offers accurate latent demand forecasting that empowers quantitative decision making among existing market players and new entrants.
To view complete report details including the full table of contents (TOC) and to sign up for a comprehensive complimentary review of our research program including details on methodology, secondary and primary sources and summary of research findings, please click here
1. Infographics Compiled From Search Engine Research
2. Infographics Compiled From Search Engine Research