Need to Monitor Performance of Complex, Business-Critical Applications to Drive the Application Performance Management Market
Published: August 2017
- Code: MCP-7933
- Pages: 271
- Tables: 30
- Companies: 73
APPLICATION PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT (APM): A RESEARCH BRIEF
The global market for Application Performance Management (APM) software is projected to reach US$5 billion by 2020, driven by the growing need to monitor performance of applications in complex software-defined enterprises. The market is witnessing a phase of invigorated growth led by revolutionary developments in cloud and DevOps technologies, the growing need to gain better business visibility & improve operational efficiency, focus on the use of customer facing apps to enhance customer satisfaction, and innovations in the field of real-time monitoring and analytics. Other major factors supporting growth include widespread deployment of virtualized & highly dynamic IT technologies, growing importance of mobile applications in business, rising importance of analytics in enterprise mobile apps, and emphasis on maximizing real ROI from enterprise apps. The United States represents the largest regional market worldwide. Asia-Pacific is poised to grow at the fastest CAGR of 12% over the analysis period.
- Growing Popularity of APM-as-a-Service (APMaaS)
- Application-Centric Business Activities Drive Focus onto APM
- Growing Adoption of DevOps Continuous Delivery Methodologies Benefits Market Demand
- Rising Prominence of Cloud & Mobile Platforms to Drive Demand for APM Capabilities
- Growing Adoption of Hybrid Cloud Drives the Need for Next Generation APM Solutions
Summary of Findings
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2014-2020
- Historic Review 2010-2013
Timeline for Analysis
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, UK and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Operating Systems:
- Mainframe, Unix, Windows and Others
Market Segmentation & Classification
- AppDynamics, Inc.
- BMC Software, Inc.
- CA Technologies, Inc.
- Dynatrace, LLC.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development Company
KEY RESEARCH DELIVERABLES
- Review of Industry/Market Structure
- Analysis of Trends & Drivers
- Insights on Macro Market Scenarios
- Market SWOT Analysis
- Latent Demand Forecasts & Projections
- Comprehensive Geographic Market Analysis
- Presentation Ready Facts & Statistical Data Findings
- Coverage of Major/Niche Players, Market Shares & Competition
- Coverage of major Company/Technology/Product/Financial Stories
- Extensive Product/Service/End-Use/Technology Coverage Where Applicable